Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have an 04 and as long as it remains reliable: I'm keeping it stock so I can squeeze more miles out of it. I would like to keep it at least 10 years or 200000 miles. I wouldn't have a problem with having to rebuild the motor once during that time. This is my first American car. It is possible to make it that long? On a different note I took it up to 145mph the other day, unfortunately I ran out of road so I couldn't make it to the magic 155.

Adrien

·
Registered
100 Posts
I thought it cut off at 148?

I've hit 140 twice. My passenger pussed out not me.

I'll drive mine till it dies then rebuild it and do it again.

P.s.

I work in Ontario oregon at a dealer. We have 2 04's priced at invoice. If you are in the area or even kinda far away, give me a call and you will get a great deal.

208-283-7949

·
Registered
512 Posts
I Think I Hit 150 But It Could Of Been 148, Racing A Wrx That Was Pulling On Me. Didnt Notice I Was Going That Fast Until It Was Time To Slow Down And I Looked Down And Noticed How Fast It Was.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If the car does not rust out first, you may get the 10 years but the 200,000 is a stretch on any turbo car. Why would you want to keep a car that long? It's a $20,000.00 that will have a market value of about $2000.00 in 10 years not including all the repair bills.

Last note; don't be irresponsible by driving at 145mph. You are old enough to realize the danger of that. Not to mention the HUGE ticket and arrest hassle if you get caught

Be safe
Percy

·
Registered
799 Posts
ill keep mine 7 yrs thats when warranty runs out or 100,000 miles .

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
guys... the 80's Turbo Dodges.. run great still with 100k+miles on them... don't let anyone tell you a turbo motor dies faster..

Here is the web page...( http://www.thedodgegarage.com/ )

and a quote from it... all information documented

There ya go- 12.68 at 110 mph, not bad for over 100,000 miles!
Talkingabout a 1989 Shelby Daytona 2.2 TII turbo

·
Registered
275 Posts
When my warranty is up, the car is gone. I dont keep cars out of warranty because i dont feel like paying to fix them. Small things i dont care about breaking, but say something large breaks and costs 1k or so to fix, id rather take that money and put it down on a brand new car with a new warranty.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'll keep mine forever. Car build date: 06MAY2003. My birthday: 06May1980. I think my car was made just for me. I don't know to many people that can say that their SRT was made on their bday. So mine is staying with me until I die. By then, it will be some stupid fast track car. BUT, I will not sell it.
Justus

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Car is mine until it goes boom. It should last me through college. After that ill get a new car and keep the SRT4 as a track car with stage3 !

·
Registered
799 Posts
i will keep the car till 100,000 mile then it goes.was asked yesterday at a gas station if this srt-4 was mine by some guys in a mustang gt.i said yes why they said ya look a little old 4 the car is all lol. i said well im 62 got 11000 1/4 mile runs under my belt so i guess that makes me quallified to drive this car.they said is it fast i said ya got that rite .they said hey ya want to go against the stang i said na im to old and dont want to hurt your feelings .they was laffin and said ok gramps have a good day there were cool about it was all in fun .

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
It will never be sold...Saving to buy a daily driver so I can keep the miles low. I love this car and will never ever give it up...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well this is my first new car so I plan on keeping it forever, that way when I get old I don't have to feel nostalgic for my old car, I can just drive it around. My dad made the mistake of getting rid of his first new car when he was a kid, and he kicks himself in the ass whenever he thinks about it, 67 GTO with the 389 Tri-power. I would kick myself too..... in fact I do cause I wish he had it. My co-worker also longs for his first new car, a 65 GTO, he said it was the worst damn car he ever owned, but he would give alot to get it back. So my plan is to store it after it's paid off and no longer practical for me to drive daily. I will shower it with love and hope that I can hang onto it as long as I can, cause I don't want to wish I never had gotten rid of this car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.