Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cars going onto 6 months w/ approx. 4,5xx miles on it. When i get into it hard in 1st gear, the clutch starts to slip and then i shift into 2nd it does the same. but when i ease into the gas i dont have the problem. How long did you go before changing out your clutch? and what did you upgrade to (or just replaced w/ another stocker)?

~mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow, im at almost 6000, and my clutch has no problems. sorry about yours tho

·
Banned
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just from constant abuse, my shifting isn't my problem. always dropping the clutch and what-not is what its from. Its nothing bad unless i drop the clutch in 1st. So now i steer clear of driving like my old habits...lol
i think i need to save up and order a new clutch sometime in the near future tho.

·
Registered
626 Posts
yeah you def gotta stop "dropping the clutch". there are SRT-4's around in the low 12's-high 11's still using the stock clutch. mine seems fine and i have almost 15,000 miles on it since february of this year.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
i have 22k now and mine is fine... initially it was bad with a vibrateing pedal, but that went away, like i think most people's did...

if you are going to replace it, get the new mopar upgraded clutch... unless you plan to do a bigger turbo (other then stage 3) then get a spec 2 or spec 3 clutch

·
Banned
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much those run for? like my clutch isnt bad unless i get on it from a stop. if im rolling its all good. but i figure its always good to have back up sh!t, so ill buy a clutch down the road...how much are they? around 5-600ish?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm at 21K probably 100 or so passes at the track, a lot of those on slicks. [email protected] still rockin the stocker, no for long though.

·
Banned
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for the info...today was probably the worst its been. some dude at school thought his beemer was hot sh!t, so when the light turned green, i launched and didnt go anywhere, 2nd no where, then shifted to 3rd and didnt go anywhere and i was puzzled. I really didnt think the clutch would go this fast, and its not like i drop & go at every stop i come to... :crying:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
mine lasted 20,something miles I was at the drag strip every week and at the local races every weekend and went to nationals and road raced. I went in with groups I wasn't supposed to just so I could get extra runs. Replaced with a stocker at the cost of a cool G.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Who was the cool G that paid for your clutch?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
what are the characteristics of a slipping clutch?

·
Banned
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
when it happens you'll know. The car basically doesnt go anywhere. When i depress the the clutch while going wot, the car won't go anywhere but just rev. My symptoms haven't gotten to bad yet, and i dont know any long term affects, but ye. w/ the clutch slipping, it disables you being able to put your power to the ground. Kinda sad when i want to go and a minivan pases me up :flame: . haha

~mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.