Dodge SRT Forum banner

How has your warranty working out for you?

  • I havent had any warranty work done yet.

    Votes: 262 47.3%
  • I had warranty work and it went fine.

    Votes: 236 42.6%
  • A specific portion of my warranty has been voided.

    Votes: 17 3.1%
  • My drivetrain warranty has been voided.

    Votes: 13 2.3%
  • My entire warranty has been voided.

    Votes: 26 4.7%
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Little over 42000 and I have to get my 3-4 shift fork replaced. :tongue: It is covered, but the dumb asses ordered a shift fork for a SXT and not an SRT-4 haha. I should have it back tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
I have a stock srt-4 and the transmission is shot. Car has 19,50miles on it and the dealer is refusing to pay for it just because my front tires are worn out!!! The tires were the original. What the hell do you expect to happen in a high horsepower front wheel drive car. :flame:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
question about my warranty

well i got a question, i got a oil catchcan, aem intake, mopar boz, motor mount inserts, injen catless downpipe and magnaflow exhaust, and eibach prokit suspension. well back to the question if i floor it under 3000 rpm my car cuts out and flutters it scares the crap out of me and also my suspension makes the weirdest snap crakle pop noise when i turn. Do you guys think with my mods the dealership will be a bunch of shitheads and turn me away. Im scared about the fluttering because i heard some of the o5's have bent valves and cause misfireing (i have thrown the misfire code, but it went away as long as i dont floor it below 3000 rpm) and theyll void my warranty cuz of the downpipe what do you think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
blackoutsrt said:
well i got a question, i got a oil catchcan, aem intake, mopar boz, motor mount inserts, injen catless downpipe and magnaflow exhaust, and eibach prokit suspension. well back to the question if i floor it under 3000 rpm my car cuts out and flutters it scares the crap out of me and also my suspension makes the weirdest snap crakle pop noise when i turn. Do you guys think with my mods the dealership will be a bunch of shitheads and turn me away. Im scared about the fluttering because i heard some of the o5's have bent valves and cause misfireing (i have thrown the misfire code, but it went away as long as i dont floor it below 3000 rpm) and theyll void my warranty cuz of the downpipe what do you think

I can guarantee its probably spark plugs. I always change mine everytime i change my oil. I got the champions, there pretty cheap about $2 each, so i really dont mind changing them after i change my oil its only $8 extra. I dont have the part # here. I can get it for you later. Gap them to .38 and It should take care of that problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
My two cents,

I've had warranty work done on my SRT-4. The front end suspension was "shot". As was described by the service advisor. I had about 27k on the car. Several front end suspension items were replaced including my struts. I must admit the dealership did a good job. I try to maintain a good relationship with the dealership were I purchased the car. The car is now due for 30K service and I'm still debating the question between their $150.00 service or their "premium" $500.00 service. Yes, money is a question for me. So I might just opted for the lesser service, though I really don't want to do so. I might force myself to do the premium 30K service. I have to do some more studying on it before I reach a conclusion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Dealer just told me that my water injection and solid motor mount is the reason that my axle boots broke, and refused to warretny anything.

14K miles on the car.

Me = selling SRT4, buying new civic Si, never buying an american car again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
THe dealer by my house said I have to pay a $90 diagnostic fee before they even look at my car and before they decide whether its a warranty item.. All i wanted to a new boost guage because mine is reading vacum when its off...And all i have is a K&N CAI...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Headache said:
THe dealer by my house said I have to pay a $90 diagnostic fee before they even look at my car and before they decide whether its a warranty item.. All i wanted to a new boost guage because mine is reading vacum when its off...And all i have is a K&N CAI...
Yea, I'm supprised they did try to pull that shit with me... That's so stupid..

My friend just called and asked if I could re-gap his plugs and I said, " are you sure you wanna do that, b/c if I do it, it could void your warrenty if your seat brakes or something they're gonna blame the spark plugs ".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
It is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard off.. What im gonna do is try the other dodge dealership thats over by sand lake road, maybe they have smarter people there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Well my dealer is great. Having my 3rd gear sycro and shift fork replaced,under warranty. I also bought a SPEC STAGE II clutch,they're putting it in while the're there.....no cost to me.
My mods are stage 1 ecu,agp wastegate,perrin hardpipes,greddy bov,cca intercooler,borla exhaust,walpro fuel pump,perrin fuel rail,Megan racing springs....lowered 2 inches,strut bar,bigger sways. Of course they put on a large portion of these things,so when ever I show up they ask "what we putting on today". I guess it all depends on the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,324 Posts
40k miles on mine....hasnt had to go to the dealership yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
stolen2camvtec said:
Little over 42000 and I have to get my 3-4 shift fork replaced. :tongue: It is covered, but the dumb asses ordered a shift fork for a SXT and not an SRT-4 haha. I should have it back tomorrow.
Well I didn't get my car back until the 10/3. 6 days later(10/9) I was coming home from our local mall and was getting on the highway I was shifting from 2-3 and it went again. The tranny. I took it in and they said it was the plate cover where the shift linkage goes into the tranny. And now I think I have a boost leak because of them. :flame: Is it possible since they reset my ECU that it hasn't caught back up yet or should it work right away. They fixed the tranny under warranty, but charged me a $100 deductible. The first time it was in I paid it, but 6 days later they want me to pay it again. I tried for about a 1/2 hour to not pay the deductible. They pretty much said pay it or you don't get your car back. So I paid telling the service manager off. :flame: :flame: But I have contacted the owner of the dealer and he said he would look into it. I will be contacting Dodge tomorrow. I will also be stopping by the dealer tomorrow for the to look for a boost leak. It sucks about the car, because I really like it and I can deal with what has happened, but I can't stand dealing with people like this.
 
101 - 114 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top