Dodge SRT Forum banner

How has your warranty working out for you?

• I havent had any warranty work done yet.

Votes: 262 47.3%
  • I had warranty work and it went fine.

Votes: 236 42.6%
  • A specific portion of my warranty has been voided.

Votes: 17 3.1%
  • My drivetrain warranty has been voided.

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • My entire warranty has been voided.

Votes: 26 4.7%
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
NeonsRslow said:
first the flywheel shattered... replaced. 3k miles

then the long block... replaced 39k miles

then the axel's & half shafts... replaced 39,010 miles.

no voiding here
What happened to your motor at 39k to cause it to fail ? Did you race much or overboost ? That just sounds very premature for a motor to go up. Stories like this make this car sound like a Yugo :stab:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well so far Jerry Ulm Dodge sucks. My a/c doesn't stay cold and my friend had his lemoned out no problem. Well I've brought my car in 3 times and the first time they told me it was normal for the a/c to change temps, the second time they replaced the expansion valve (so they admitted there was a problem), well it didn't fix it, so I brought it in last week for the third time and yet again they told me it is normal. I called the service director and he also admitted there was a problem but basically said there was nothing else they can do. So what am I supposed to do? Drive around with a F*ucked up a/c in a car that's 3 months old? I don't think so. So I'm writing up my lemon paperwork and I'm going to fight with chrysler for a new friggin car. This is ridiculous... Wish my luck in getting my ACR. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
well my friend with a pt gt turbo, 70,000 powertrain was just declined today, he was leaking oil throw his turbo, intercooler, and thottle body, and he has 37,000 miles on his.. he had a mopar blow off valve $59, after market boost gauge $43, and 2 hose clamps to hold 2 hoses on $2, and they voided his warranty, that is :bs: :flame:

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is strange because a local dealer by my house (Zeiser Dodge) is selling SRT-4 with aftermarket racing mods on them that THEY installed... One on the lot right now has a Mopar BOV, Mopar Cat-Back, and a Mopar STS installed and is brand new on the lot.

The 2005 White SRT-4 comes with Mopar Borla Exhaust, Mopar Performance BOV, Mopar Short Throw Shifter, and window tinting.

Zeiser Motors
I'd be slighty pissed if my warranty was voided by your dealer when other dealers are selling cars brand new with a performance BOV installed.

Just my .02 cents... Hope this may help someone.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just bought a used 05 SRT-4 yesterday. I have a WRX as my other car and have had a ton of problems with it and was hoping this SRT-4 would be reliable. I hope by reading all of this thread that the this SRT-4 won't have as many problems as some of you have had.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay i dunno about other dealerships but when i purchased my 05 srt4 with 12k miles on it , i ask'd the dealer what performence parts i can add without voiding warrenty and they said just cant go higher then stage 2 ????? and i said really thats nice he said yea DCX allow's stage 2 without voiding..... anyone else hear this ?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Warranty bulletin

Hi I work for a car dealer in Orlando. I recently got a copy of the WPA warranty planning & admistration from a local Dodge dealership. Can I email this to someone my files are little big..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
twistedmnsrt4 the dealer told me the same thing that stage 1 and 2 wont void warranty.

I bought stage 1 from modernperformance and put it in myself. I never asked if it would void warranty tho if i just had Stage 1 installed.

The only thing i fixed at warranty as of now was the tps sensor at 1k miles and the multifunction switch for the headlights at 5k.

I was so angry when the tps sensor was actin stupid. I never figured it out if it wasnt for nivo last year.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
well my lil beast is going in tomorrow for review...aka test drive by servicer...things wrong, steering popping (mainly sitting still), pully making noise when cold, not boosting past 10, driver seat getting replaced, and something else i think, but i can not think of it right now....but i pulled it all back to stock before im bring it in for them to look at it so they can not blame anything on any parts...the only thing i can not take off is the e-cutout on my exhaust, short shifter, and wires, but the wires is not a big deal i can explain that one and the short shifter, can not tell unless u remove it to look for part #'s....and the exhaust, mine is right after my cat, so that is covered under warranty...the bov is what im worried about, but i have the lil mopar blue plate special on her, so should not be too bad there.....

·
Registered
796 Posts
My drivers side seat bottom is stretching and wrinking up and the left side bolster foam broke inside the seat and dodge tells me this is "normal wear and tear", assholes just don't want to honor their warranty. I guess falling apart is normal for a dodge?

·
Banned
6,465 Posts
Wow my sxt is doing wonderful no warrenty work done yet and shes over a year old with 31 thousand miles on her almost over and have extended coverge on here until 70 thousand miles with my intake and srt4 exhaust on for awhile no problems so far and more to come engine wise.

·
Registered
734 Posts
well i will find out wed mine goes in for a 2nd gear prob. it wants to grind going into 2nd at higher rpm's i am afraid it wont do it for them and there going to tell me its fine AND ITS NOT, guess if they tell me its fine i will just have to let 2nd go completely out than take it back.

·
Registered
454 Posts
jessethompson said:
My drivers side seat bottom is stretching and wrinking up and the left side bolster foam broke inside the seat and dodge tells me this is "normal wear and tear", assholes just don't want to honor their warranty. I guess falling apart is normal for a dodge?
Ditto on the seat bottom and bolster, have not taken it in yet

·
Registered
84 Posts
thestereogod said:
my warranty officialy ended last night, hit 70K
Did the 2003 have a 70k warranty? Because im pretty sure the 2005 only has a 36k mile warranty. That what the deal, webpage, posters in the dealer, sticker on the car, etc all say 36k. I purchased a 75k warranty actually i didnt really purchase it i made them lower the price of the warranty and the car further to account for the saleperson originally telling me it was 70k.

Also on the note of voided warranty. I love how a lot of dealerships dont know their butholes from exhaust holes.

Local stories here: I did some playing dumb at a local dealer (not wear i bought my car) and asked what voids the warranty. The service MANAGER said you can put ANYTHING from mopar on there. WOW. No i am not going to tell you the name of the dealership because i dont wanna ruin that one.

A friend of mine had his master cylinder crack. Was told by the first STEALER that it was because of the intake OH OK who makes these decisions??? either A) people who dont know their butholes from exhuast holes or B) service manager that actually think if you tell someone it will cost them $1000 to fix something that should be under warranty they will actually do it.
He took it to another dealer who happily fixed the problem and may I add got paid by DODGE to fix it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone know for sure the breakdown on how a dealer gets paid on warranty repairs from Dodge. A know a bunch of people including the service manager at a Honda. They get paid PARTS and LABOR. Its not much at all on the parts and the labor is discounted but none the less they get paid. They make more money on warranty repairs than on any other service.

·
Registered
619 Posts
warranty

Most dealers want to get the customer to pay instead of warranty repair. The dealers still make decent money on the parts and warranty, a lot of the mechanics dont want to do warranty repair because it normally only pays havlf of what a customer pay service would be e.g. brake job customer pays 4hrs warranty only pays 1.5 hrs labor......

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
I Got a Letter from a "Continental Warrenty" from North Hollywood, Ca. stating that my current factory warrenty is about to, or has expired. It offers me an extended 6 year or 100,000 miles.
Hmmm. Lets see......Car came with a 7/70 plan, it's only 2 years old with 28,000 miles? Sounds like a scam to me. File #13 for that letter.
Anybody else get a letter like this?
Funny thing is, they have my name and where I live and the VIN# for my 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 included so it kinda made me wonder for a moment. After calling my Dealership and having them ask me if I have a Garbage can near by, I felt that my original suspition was well founded and proceded as stated earlier.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.