Dodge SRT Forum banner

How has your warranty working out for you?

• I havent had any warranty work done yet.

Votes: 262 47.3%
  • I had warranty work and it went fine.

Votes: 236 42.6%
  • A specific portion of my warranty has been voided.

Votes: 17 3.1%
  • My drivetrain warranty has been voided.

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • My entire warranty has been voided.

Votes: 26 4.7%
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
DaTurnerMan said:
Then why even comment, you IDIOT?? By your statement, I would consider you a complete moron. BTW - nobody cares that you're in the employ of DM, there is no "cool guy club" here.
Dude... chill out man. We're all on the same team here.

·
Registered
505 Posts
what a waste of money the dealerships around houston are idiots and have not one clue what their doing , like i said what a waste!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
So far my dealer is covering everything under warranty.

3rd and 5th gear synchro's in the trans replaced at about 6k miles.
E brake cable adjusted also.

Sway bar bushings needed replacing at 8k.

Power steering rack ordered under warranty last week, in the shop right now for that. Also motor mount bolt is broke along with a dead engine which I will find out what happened later today.

They all replaced everything without a peep, well one service guy asked me how to turn off my car (I have a Greddy Turbo Timer) but he thought that was cool so he didn't throw out the "that will void your warranty" crap I heard some people go through.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
I couldn't vote, because my answer wasn't a choice.
I had an engine decide to remove itself from the game. :(
Pistons, rings, block needs to be bored, etc...
Not covered. BUT....I still have full warranty. Good luck figuring that one out.
I'm working on fighting it right now.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Pit Viper said:
I couldn't vote, because my answer wasn't a choice.
I had an engine decide to remove itself from the game. :(
Pistons, rings, block needs to be bored, etc...
Not covered. BUT....I still have full warranty. Good luck figuring that one out.
I'm working on fighting it right now.
Actually, under law, DCX cannot void the entire warranty , just not allow specific instances of damage. So your case needs no figuring, it's the way it SHOULD be done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took mine in 3 times for the same issue the sputtering/bucking-- popping backfiring ETC. And also for an alignment and right front speaker crackling and vibrating under a little load. I left it there an entire 3 days, and wrote out a big paragraph on what happens and how i drive the car when it starts bucking hell even at idle it does it if i leave it in the drive way. Well i came back and they did nothing to the car and said that everything was fine. But if i wanted an alignment i would have to pay for it. I was like u fucking assholes you didnt fix anything? he says "sir, we tryed to see if your pcm had the latest update but it didnt go thru" Since i work in an R&D lab and often change calibrations i said yeh that would mean that the pcm is broken somehow.he says "thats not what i meant i meant that it was up to date. Why didnt u just say that then? I told them the car has less the 6 k miles and you wont give me a free alignment fuck u and your warranty just gimme the money i paid for it and i will fix everything my self. Not to mention he said that oneof the techs compared my carssound to another srt4 on the lot and there is no difference. Yet as soon as i get in the car i could tell the speaker is messed up. Then i proceeded to start looking for different cars since my dealer is a douche bag. I was about 2 days from selling the car but my father talked me into not selling it. I wish you could just by a car no warrenty if you chooseand have the extra 4 grand in your pocket. I have never brought a car to a dealer to fix it even if u havent worked on the part that has broken yet. If you want to figure it out you will.

·
Registered
144 Posts
’03 26,000 mi, So far I’ve had no problems that were caused by poor assembly and/or design flaws, all my problems (numerous) were caused by after market parts, poor installations and racing (read abuse), therefore I have not tried to get it repaired at a dealer! I went in once to have a rough idle and hi speed miss looked at and once they noticed the NO2, the mechanic refused to even look at the problem! If I ever have a warranted item fail do a defect and not something that I caused, I will take it in and fight DCX if necessary.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The only thing I've had done was a free oil change and front alignment. This was done as part of my 8,000??? or was it 6,000 mile check up? What ever. I did notice the shiftting problem when I first started driving it. When it was brand new, I practically had to punch it through all the gears. Sometimes it was like hitting a brick wall goin into 3rd. Never had that looked at though. The problem whent away for the most part. The only problem I have with it now, is that it is FWD and is riding on 6" wide pizza cutters. Oh yeah, one more thing. When I bought my car brandnew, it had 28 miles on it and didn't have the shiny pedals like all other SRT's. What's up with that stuff? I figure they had to make up for the money they lost on the deal. After all, I did pay only $16,648.50 for it.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
dunno. I have had nothing but positive experiences with my warranty. i got a little flack about my intake from one dealership, but they still covered me anyway. i have been to 2 other dealerships and they both treated me fantastic, even though i had mods still on my car. I guess it all just depends on who you talk to.....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I would like to change my vote, My drivetrain warranty was restricted yesterday. This sucks ass.

Heres what they wrote:

"Car has been modified using aftermarket racing parts. Engine Cradel is also damaged causing possible power steering failure. Dodge has put a powertrain restriction on the car due to the above mentioned situations."

·
Registered
509 Posts
skipdogg said:
I had the car in for multi cyl misfire.

Replaced plugs and wire, and the # 4 fuel injector.

Very happy with service I got at Larry Miller in AZ.
LMD kicks ass, their service is the best and they dont give you bullshit for you mods like I hear about other dealers do.

·
Registered
779 Posts
first the flywheel shattered... replaced. 3k miles

then the long block... replaced 39k miles

then the axel's & half shafts... replaced 39,010 miles.

no voiding here

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
nolimits said:
I would like to change my vote, My drivetrain warranty was restricted yesterday. This sucks ass.

Heres what they wrote:

"Car has been modified using aftermarket racing parts. Engine Cradel is also damaged causing possible power steering failure. Dodge has put a powertrain restriction on the car due to the above mentioned situations."
What mods do you have for them to say this ?

61 - 80 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.