Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend was the one who had the grommet go into his impeller from his [email protected] intake and now he is thinking about getting the upgraded turbo from turbochargers .com. If anyone has any experience with it please let me know what you think about it. He said it retails for $700.00 and it is said to look stock but just have a bigger impeller wheel.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I hear nothing but good stuff from it! This kid that lives near me added 37hp and 82tq at the wheels by just bolting it on. Its really worth it if you dont have the cash to buy a big t3/t4 set up and plus you can say its stock LOL

·
Registered
738 Posts
Do not bother, unless you are installing your self these guys charge 100.00 cash to install a block off plate or 120.00 on your credit card. Not the kind of ppl I will ever deal with. They are here in houston and no one who has an srt from here goes to them, we all shop at Modern and get the parts installed at CARBOY. Good luck when engine goes boom AGAIN. These guys could not even install my BOV corretly, I have dealt with them and know from experience, save your cash and do it right.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
myfault said:
from people who have had the upgrade around here, ive heard about a lot of backpressure issues...
thats a shity srt4 in the sig.. hope thats not yours..

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I've personally seen one that smoked from day one after the TCC upgrade was installed. Once he went back to the stock turbo, it didn't smoke. And TCC did replace it with a new one, but it smoked too.

It's really hit or miss with doing a compressor wheel upgrade. There's no gaurantee how long it will last because of how it has to be done. It might last a day, a month, or forever. It's impossible to tell and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Got a Good One

I'll have a Good TCC upgraded turbo with Ported exhaust manifold and Stage 2 for sale in about a month.

I'm installing Stage 3 from scratch & will have Stage 2 parts.

If interested PM me..

and Paypal works.

Machc5

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
fuente27hpv said:
Do not bother, unless you are installing your self these guys charge 100.00 cash to install a block off plate or 120.00 on your credit card. Not the kind of ppl I will ever deal with. They are here in houston and no one who has an srt from here goes to them, we all shop at Modern and get the parts installed at CARBOY. Good luck when engine goes boom AGAIN. These guys could not even install my BOV corretly, I have dealt with them and know from experience, save your cash and do it right.
HMMM, so CARBOY huh? Are they reasonable in pricing for install stuff?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.