Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to install a straight 3 inch pipe in place of my cat on my 3 inch maxxfab downpipe. Can I leave the 02 sensor disconnected or do I need to hook it up somehow? I have S2 so no cels.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
NogaBlitz said:
I am wanting to install a straight 3 inch pipe in place of my cat on my 3 inch maxxfab downpipe. Can I leave the 02 sensor disconnected or do I need to hook it up somehow? I have S2 so no cels.
if you unplug it, you will throw a cell. all stg's ignore it, until you disconect it then you pop a cell. You could just zip tie it outta the way. Or I have mine in a bung on the pipe....

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I'm having an exhaust shop do the work, is it easy enough for them to install a bung? It will throw codes with S2 unplugged huh?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
NogaBlitz said:
so I'm having an exhaust shop do the work, is it easy enough for them to install a bung? It will throw codes with S2 unplugged huh?
It shouldn't be a big thing at all for them to weld a bung to it. Or if you don't wanna go that route, just leave it plugged in and zip tied outta the way (under the car but not in the pipe..)

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
The downstream is still used, and the stage kits will look at it as well. BUT, it doesn't do much. It DOES NOT monitor the CAT by matching itself w/ the upstream. It will also set a code if the heater circuit within the 02 sensor is not working. The upstream goal voltage can be slightly changed because of a malfunctioning downstream o2 sensor. IF your downstream reads too high of voltage, it will set your upstream goal voltage lower, and in essence, run it too lean. This doesn't happen too often, but it will happen. Downstream can also be VERY helpful in determining wether your upstream 02 sensor is working properly. If your fuel adaptives are WAY off, you can see if your 02 sensor is reading normally.. if so.. if your downstream is reading WAY off, the upstream may be causing it to go rich or lean. <--cliff notes version of it

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Anytime! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts