Dodge SRT Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I have a wingless decklid from an SXT with no holes that I am rocking right now. And I have a winged decklid. I was thinking about putting the winged decklid back on since the craze right now are big wings and to let others know my Neon is a super Neon. :p

I really do love the less attention my car gets without the wing. Such a sleeper car without the wing. The factory wing seems to be an after thought during that time frame so young kids would pick it up when it first came out. Think Sti, Evo, RSX-S to name a few with big factory wings. But it makes sense since it was basically the SXT spoiler, but bigger.

I don't HATE the factory wing, I think it establishes your Neon is a SRT-4 to a crowd of people that know Mopars a little bit. It can look naked without it, especially if you are factory ride height. Should for sure keep it on then haha.

But the PVO spoiler looks so good and in my opinion is the best look for the rear for the SRT-4 Neon. Just wish someone made a good fitting one. Bought a fiberglass one YEARS ago for my silver SRT-4 and had it painted to match. Looked awesome but it fit bad with the double sided tape and wanted to pop up in the corners. Another option would be to spend $1k on the CBD PVO rear decklid from MPX haha.

·
Super Moderator
15,612 Posts
The only real spoiler story I have involves the first day I backed the car out of storage, when I got back from Iraq. I bought it new from the dealer over the phone, my buddy had stored it there for 5 months, I was so excited to drive it. I fired it up, listened to that throaty growl out of the exhaust, put it in reverse and started backing out of the storage unit...

"OH @W#*@#$" slammed on the brakes...

Oh wait, that's the wing!

I thought someone was behind me. It took a couple of weeks to finally get used to that wing being there, but that first time, wow, my heart went racing before the car even did haha.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
The talk of spoiler discussion reminded me to search my inbox to confirm a fuzzy memory that I did indeed buy a new Auto Ventshade (AVS) Downdraft (i.e. ducktail) spoiler back in 2015 when one popped up on eBay. It wouldn't surprise me with the Neon's tall rear stance and big parachute rear bumper cover if those spoiler styles could be slightly more effective at creating some turbulence to break up the likely stagnant air behind the tall rear end as compared to the stock wing.

The stock spoiler doesn't generate downforce per se, as it can't even close the trunk at high speed as mentioned, but if there is some poor airflow at the rear end of the car that isn't helpful in pulling air out from under the rear end at higher speeds the spoiler may be creating just enough turbulence to help a bit.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
the talk of spoiler discussion reminded me to search my inbox to confirm a fuzzy memory that i did indeed buy a new auto ventshade (avs) downdraft (i.e. Ducktail) spoiler back in 2015 when one popped up on ebay. It wouldn't surprise me with the neon's tall rear stance and big parachute rear bumper cover if those spoiler styles could be slightly more effective at creating some turbulence to break up the likely stagnant air behind the tall rear end as compared to the stock wing.

The stock spoiler doesn't generate downforce per se, as it can't even close the trunk at high speed as mentioned, but if there is some poor airflow at the rear end of the car that isn't helpful in pulling air out from under the rear end at higher speeds the spoiler may creating just enough turbulence to help a bit.
^this^

141 - 144 of 144 Posts