Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how fast all the SRT-4 owners here drive on the freeway. I ask this because for my entire time as a licensed driver I rarely went above 80, but since ive had this car thats all changed :twisted:; I usually go about 70-80 depending on what the flow of traffic is, but if its pretty light traffic and its light enough so that I can see if there are any cops in the area I have been SHOCKED to notice I sometimes do 90-100. I find that absurd and was wondering if I am alone in my iresponsibility. . .

I didn't want to do a poll because the answers to a question like this are too variable based.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Irresponsibility is driving above speed limit when there is traffic and u pose an elevated danger to others.

I always tend to drive a few over well, but within the confines of traffic flow. However, some nights coming home, I have all 4 lanes to myself and I indulge myself like I have all these years :)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I agree with Cali. I am normally running with traffic flow. However on a clear stretch of road, I will run it up to a decent speed. (Can we say triple digits ?)

It seems to be more driver related than vehicle related though. I did the same thing with most of my other cars too.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree with both of you! I do sometimes go above the flow like today I was doing 90 in a somewhat open lane when the other lanes were probably going 75-80. I am going to work on changing my iresponsible ways (I need a little credit here! I almost REFUSE to street race). On the other hand I usually go 60-70 at night regardless of how emtpy it is because I am SO afraid of CHP (Cali highway patrol); they are monsters and they hide out with they're lights off at on ramps on the REALLY empty nights waiting for people to go by at 75 mph+. I dont worry about in town speeding and such though because of my affiliation with the police department makes me a little less likely to get tickets :evil: :twisted: . Wow I really rant in these posts. . and please forgive any horrible grammar!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
cali said:
Irresponsibility is driving above speed limit when there is traffic and u pose an elevated danger to others.

I always tend to drive a few over well, but within the confines of traffic flow. However, some nights coming home, I have all 4 lanes to myself and I indulge myself like I have all these years :)
are u me cuz that's how i drive.

but

ive been getiing used to driving the exact posted limit in the slow lane......until i spot a victim, that is. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Top Speed in Sitka is 45. a year ago I rented an '02 Camero convrt. in Sacto. Calif. and drove it to Ft. Smith Ark. and back(For some gooood BB-Q) average speed was about 80. :shock: Watch out for Galup N.M. :shock: In the Desert of Calif. I got up to 120 for a couple of seconds

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
on my bike average is about 100. but it feels like 60 so i guess that makes it better. car, i go about 10 over, cause, well... its a paseo. whats the point?

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
you guys know that the nazi oc perfect driving trolls are going to flame us for driving so fast on the freeway right? i mean dont they realize that we have the fastest car evar? but now he have to listen to their gawd awful preaching about the things they "never" do......... :lol:

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
speeding

:lol:
Y'all need to come visit Atlanta.
Even the grandmas here drive 10-15 over the speed limit.
The posted limit on the freeways is 55, and cops won't even look at you doing 75-80. Hell, THEY drive 75-80. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I usually keep it within 10mph of the speed limit. (Over it, not under :twisted: ) When it's a wide open straight away where I can see for a mile or two, I let it out a bit. It's so easy to accelerate with this car, it's sick. Nothing like the sound of the turbo as you hit 15psi. :p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i speed less now than i did before. however it requires paying more attention to the speedo. this thing is much quieter at 80 than my 2000 was so paying attention is a must. this thing cruises at higher speeds like normal cars cruise at lower speeds. stable, quiet etc.

i try to keep close to the limits since the spoiler seems to attract a LOT of attention. i cant believe how stupid people get around me now cause i have a spoiler. the same stuff i did in my 2000 wouldnt bother people a bit but now cause i have a spoiler it seems to drive people NUTS!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Happy speed is 80

I have found my srt4 happy crusing speed is 80 MPH......

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
is 125 in a 55 bad? got pulled over for 90 in a 55 though. worst part was it wasnt my car. it was my grandfather's 1997 cadillac deville deConcours. northstar v8. 300 hp and 290 lb/ft torque. God that was fun!!! :twisted:

but stupid :oops:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
average speed is about 10 over the limit, regardless of where it is. the local cops are pretty easy about that stuff. however, the state patrol, where i got nailed clamps down pretty hard on anyone doing 10+ over the limit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
atlanta

i cruise at 80mph, here in atlanta u better be going 70 or above in the fast lane :twisted: i can't stand it when people drive 60 on the fast lane!! if i'm in traffic i just go with the flow :) but i do have to watch my speed cause sometimes i'll be at 90 and not even notice it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.