Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured you guys would be better critics, i never seem to get a chance to race SRT4s in my area, i just dont see them on the streets and at the tracks its hard to get linned up because of how packed the place is. I raced one SRT at the track, he said he was stock and just bought the car used, but the car had aftermarket rims, a BOV, and pushing 14lbs of boost. He ran about dead even with me, but i trapped higher and his ETs were always a few tenths quicker.

So i have a 06 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged
2.9 Inch Pulley
42.5lb injectors
GM Stage 2 tune
and Ingalls Engine Torque dampener
Ive spent less than 400 dollars in mods so far

Best 1/4 mile is [email protected] with a 2.1 60ft.

How would this compare to Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 Mopar kits?

·
Registered
603 Posts
my buddy on here quick4dr ran a 13.8 105 stock on street tires at tulsa raceway park if you wanna look it up.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
i think your right around a s1/stock srt. it would be a good race to see and thats a good time you have for only 400 worth of mods. keep it up. peace

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
i ran a 13.60 with a highflow cat dp and mopar catback, stock boost, and an agp cai. the car also dynoed 243whp with those mods. i have a boost leak as big as my pinky on my cold side ic pipe also. 60' was 2.23 if i remember correctly, so there was room for improvement. ive done quite a bit since then, but havent been to the track.

to be honest, every cobalt i have messed around with seemed a little slower than i expected them to be. im sure they were stock tho, one kid just got it and the other guy was pretty old. like 60's old.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
This guy: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11/f39/105610-12-second-srt-4-a.html

ran a 12.71 at 111 MPH with
K&N Typhoon, a cold air STRAW lol
BIG Spearco intercooler, mmmmmmmmmm
Stage 1 computer, it's a 04 so no injectors needed
Aftermarket wastegate, he gets to keep his boost
225 50 15 BF drag radials
Really good driver, lucky run and good track I guess. Friend lives over there and saw the run swares up and down about it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sorry, you dont compare. Dont even attempt to make conversation on this board. Welcome to a SRT forum, where SRT's rule the world!

Save yourself some time, you dont compare.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
-Jayson- said:
2.9 Inch Pulley
42.5lb injectors
GM Stage 2 tune

As noted, 13.91 puts you right in line with a stock/Stage 1 car. Stage 1 used goes for what, maybe $200?

Stage 2 cars, figure that 13.9 as worst case, traps should be about 106 or better. Best case, street tires, on racegas, say mid-low 13s.

Stage 3 car? mid to low 13s worst case, high 12s at best, street tires.

All times are averages, assuming a driver with an IQ over say 75, and all four limbs. Individuals can and have gone both slower and faster, but these represent the sort of times you can reasonably expect to see.

·
Buy/Sell Section Moderator
1,374 Posts
-Jayson- said:
i figured you guys would be better critics, i never seem to get a chance to race SRT4s in my area, i just dont see them on the streets and at the tracks its hard to get linned up because of how packed the place is. I raced one SRT at the track, he said he was stock and just bought the car used, but the car had aftermarket rims, a BOV, and pushing 14lbs of boost. He ran about dead even with me, but i trapped higher and his ETs were always a few tenths quicker.

2.9 Inch Pulley
42.5lb injectors
GM Stage 2 tune

Dude, save up for that GT28R turbo kit. That is a quick car!

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
i ran a gm stage 2 cobalt in my big turbo srt. running like crap, untuned, at 12 psi, i pulled about 4 cars on him to 120. i wouldn't have picked on him normally, but his head was swelling up just a little too big. so i took him down a notch or two. those little bastards can be pretty quick tho. get some new pistons and rods, then throw a 100 shot on top of what you've got already. you're boosting what, 16psi? i remember all i could hear was that fucking blower. imho one of the coolest car noises of all time. anyway, with the 100 shot, you should hang with/pull a stage 3 car.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
SeanGTS said:
Sorry, you dont compare. Dont even attempt to make conversation on this board. Welcome to a SRT forum, where SRT's rule the world!

thanks for making us look like asshats

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
SeanGTS said:

wow when did you become king shit arround this mother fucker, i missed that memo...at least when Coy bitched someone out it would be funny...that was just stupid

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
supermech21 said:
SeanGTS said:

wow when did you become king shit arround this mother fucker, i missed that memo...at least when Coy bitched someone out it would be funny...that was just stupid
:rofl: Coy :rofl:

·
Registered
631 Posts
get a smaller pulley. That will help out a lot.
People say cobalts are slow but my buddies car was faster then shit on the freeway. Drag racing I think the torque on our cars help out a lot. My buddies car ran a 13.6 with 2.3 60ft.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Get sticky tires!!! everyone forgets to mention tires but thats one of the single best mods any racer can make. You'll pickup anywhere from 2 to 5 tenths depending if your using slicks or drag radials. Welcome to the forum, please excuse the few smack asses we have that try to bring us all down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ehh they are everywhere.

Well my next few mods are going to be a coolant resevoir for the intercooler and i just bought a cobra heat exchanger. Should drop my intake temps a good 20+F and keep them cooler for longer.

After that ive been thinking of the GM stage 3 PCM. Its kinda like your stage 2 PCM, has a High Octane Tune for 100 octane that you turn on and off with the cruise control buttons, as well as a tune for a 50 dry shot. Only down side is its not tuneable and when installed disables your AC. . .fucking GM.

Hopefully this summer i can get to the low 13's, thats my goal.

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
damn man GM does some odd shit....no AC in a car that has leather seats = :stab: ....i think you maybe be wrong with not tuneable bud, do you have a MAF or a MAP...it will only be a matter of time until their will be a bigger MAF with a translator on it to help the air flow...and if you have a MAP you could add a SAFC.....I COULD BE WRONG BECAUSE I DONT DRIVE A COBALT, JUST TRYING TO HELP... good luck, if they havent tried it then be the first, thats how we got a lot of the cool shit for our cars, people expirimenting...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts