Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you get the SKIM changed? If so, where and/or how?

has anyone purchased a stage kit that was intended for another vehicle?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks. I assume this will work w/ stage 2 as well?

This means taking it to the dealership though....hmmmm....that isn't preferable.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Yes, it will.

You always have the option of not using it. :) You can always mail it off to Flight Systems, but to my mind that puts your warranty just as much as risk, since FS works for Mopar. And that method means you get a P0633 code, which would trigger dealer curiosity also. Just get it flashed and don't sweat it.

Refer to the "How is your warranty working for you" thread for actual reported numbers of folks with issues, way less than you would think.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh...the warranty was only partly the issue. I also have a moral objection to paying someone else to work on my car :jester:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I hear you:) I put both my Stage 1 and 2 with Tooys kits in. If they will let you, swap the PCMs in the parking lot and have them flash it. I did just that for the guy who bought my Stage 1 from me. The only involvement they have then is attaching the DRBIII leads and punching some buttons.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how did it run w/ the larger injectors, new sensors but stage 0 PCM?

I was thinking install it at home, then tow it to the dealership....but your idea would probably work much better haha.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Oh, sorry, misunderstanding. I bought both my S1 and S2 new, so no reflash was required. I sold my S1 to a local 03 owner, we did the injectors in my driveway and then went to the dealer, where I put the ECU in and browbeat the service dept into trying it:) It ran fine, but S2 is a different story,

How you do that is as follows.

Drive car to dealer, swap in S2 PCM. Have dealer flash, then swap S0 back in.

Go home, install full kit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just got back have an appointment in a hour to do just that swap the ecu out and flash it. It helps if you just ask for the person that does the flashing. Then you can talk to them straight without going through the dumb*** sitting at the desk. I went there twice to get it done and everytime they told me they can't do it. HAHA i went back talked to the special guy who does that sort of thing. He said come back in an hour we will do it then. Just so you know he also said he didn't know how to do it. I was like "do you have an internet connection i can use?" he said ya. I proceeded to pull up the how to on this very forum and showed it to him. That was a great feeling. I love this forum! anyways. keep you posted on how fast it gets done.

Ps sorry for the long post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.