Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get a new car this summer, but I don't know which one still, I have a couple of options.

I read this forum sometimes, and it seems that a lot of people are already having some problems with the car, no major problem except maybe for the guy with the cylinder clutch problem, but I'm pretty concern about the car quality in general.

Do you think that the srt-4 will be a reliable car or it's pretty much crap??? (except for the awesome performance)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Let see.

Here are the current issues with my car - Gone Wild

And here's my take about the car - My SRT-4 Sucks!

I think most of the problem you are seeing and digging too much are the ones that others are encountering while experimenting with "their mods."

If you "feel" the SRT-4, then you should get one. If not, then you have many other options to look into.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love my car....and, I have NO problems so far. Runs great, no pulling to the right or rough idling or anything else that others seem to have problems with. My only problem has been avoiding the cops... :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, no ticket, but stopped twice.... :evil: Once for goin 78 in a 55 (oops), but no ticket, just a warning...I think he liked the car or something :wink: . And once for no front license plate, which was also just a warning. But, there is no chance I'm putting the front license plate on, they can haul me to jail first. I don't care, I don't know anyone that has one and they are not gonna make me... :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I have a little moisture in my fog light also, so the service department is ordering me a new one. Other than that, no quality issues. Almost every car, toyota or otherwise, will have some initial quality issues. Initial quality is mesured in conditions per 100 vehicles. Toyota, the leader in quality, measures at about 112 c/100. So out of 100 vehicles, 112 quality issues will be reported. It happens, and that's what warrenty is for. The long term quality should be great, as the powertrain was tested for 200,000miles. You shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright thanks for the replys so far. It's just that I'm worried to buy a Dodge product, they don't have very good reputation and I'm used to mazda only so far... just have to clear some concern I have against Dodge!
Thanks again

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
You are definitely new to the "domestic" world. Really, it's all in your head. I'm sure you've heard many stories, but it's nowhere nearly as bad as you think. My 95 Neon was more reliable than my Mom's 98 Camry; my car had 180K mi on it and my Mom's had 70K and we had to have that thing serviced more often than my car. Every car company has their problems. If one was better than the other, I'm sure it would run it out of business. Basically it comes down to preference, atleast it seems like that most of the times. Hope this helps with your decision... come to the dark side! :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
SpitterGuy
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing