Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered stage 1 for my 03. It trapped at 102 mph and did a 14.9( i wasnt the driver) because my brother launched too hard but with a 2.9 60' u gotta expect a 14.9. Anyway I am going to go with 3 inch downpipe mbc and will end up getting a cai mostly for looks i realize it dosent do much for performance. I will also probaly end up getting a apg wga. I figure this car already runs 13.8s -13.9s( complety stock, performance wise) prob when you baby it outta the hole. What do you guys think I think maybe low 13s?

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i might try to throw a pair of drs or slicks in there if i could afford it but on street tires for right now? I'd be babying it outta the hole. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
862 Posts
383man said:
I just ordered stage 1 for my 03. It trapped at 102 mph and did a 14.9( i wasnt the driver) because my brother launched too hard but with a 2.9 60' u gotta expect a 14.9. Anyway I am going to go with 3 inch downpipe mbc and will end up getting a cai mostly for looks i realize it dosent do much for performance. I will also probaly end up getting a apg wga. I figure this car already runs 13.8s -13.9s( complety stock, performance wise) prob when you baby it outta the hole. What do you guys think I think maybe low 13s?

Thanks Tim
With those exact mods (Stage 1, K&N intake, custom DP/Mopar exhaust) and the addition of drag radials, I managed a 13.28 @ 102.8 on a 2.0 sixty ft.

·
Registered
862 Posts
383man said:
Thats the thing 1sweet00ss. Right now with no mods i am trapping at 102 so i would think stage 1 and downpipe should help my trap time right?
Thanks Tim
Nice traps... I see you are on the East Coast...BASTARDS!!!!!!

Sorry, my jealousy go the best of me. Out here at the CA Speedway, SRTs trap 98-100 at best. I trapped 99 mph bone stock, and with the mods you mentioned, I gained 3 mph.

So comparatively speaking, you should be trapping 3 mph over stock.....105ish??? 105 is high enough to see 12's on drag radials....... On street tires, probably mid 13s.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it helps i figured id be right around there i was wonderin y my traps seemed high i mean one run my brother missed 2nd gear and trapped 99 mph(+ its an 03 stock). But us east coasters must be lucky :jester: . Thanks alot man! Tim

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh shoot, i knew i recognized the name 383man. Your dad's on scatpack, Ron...right? Good to run into the whole family on the net :).

Nice car you picked up, he showed us some pics over on scatpack and since you got yours before me i'm jealous :p. All good though, time will come and i'll be able to get mine as soon as i can reach that down payment.

Hey sweet00ss, what city are you in? I'm right up off of haven and the 210 in Rancho. Cool to see locals on here too.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah MADmarc my dads on all the mopar boards. Yeah its great to run into people you know. How do you like your srt4? And what other cars do you have
Thanks Tim

·
Registered
862 Posts
MADMarc said:
Hey sweet00ss, what city are you in? I'm right up off of haven and the 210 in Rancho. Cool to see locals on here too.
Same as you :hi:. I'm off of Milliken and the 210.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its always cool bumping into people. Finally get to find out just how small the world is....or at least the internet world. I dont have the car yet :(, but will as soon as i get a few grand more in the bank account. Holidays are coming so that means the restaurant will get busier which means i'll be making more money :D. As of now, i've got my 71 Challenger. Fun car but killer on gas and i want to get rid of it. Shoot, if i can sell it soon enough, i'll be driving an SRT in no time and modding it to boot.

Dang SS, we're practically neighbors. hahah, i definitely didnt expect you to be that close. :hi: back atcha homie. :clap:

·
Registered
862 Posts
MADMarc said:
Dang SS, we're practically neighbors. hahah, i definitely didnt expect you to be that close. :hi: back atcha homie. :clap:
Yep, definitely a small world. If you ever see a silver lowered SRT running around, that's me :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah thanks alot everyone I am looking for about mid to high 12s outta $1500 worth of mods i just gotta do all the right things. Thanks for all your comments im figuring ill be trapping at 110-114 mph and running high 12s when its all said and done. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
39 Posts
1sweet00SS said:
Yep, definitely a small world. If you ever see a silver lowered SRT running around, that's me :thumbsup: .

Heck yea man, and if you ever see a semibeat looking yellow 71 challenger down around the mall (i work around there) then you're lookin at my car as of now until i can get an SRT. Heck, if you see me on the street be sure to honk or something.

...but if we hit the same stoplight i wouldnt mind seeing how my stock 440 does against your SRT. :eveilgrin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.