Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving today and my shift knob decided to pop off on my 05 srt4. It's the stock one I'm pretty sure that doesnt screw on it just slides on and off. How do I get it to stay back on. Plz and Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
This is a common issue with people shifting hard. First time i ever drove an SRT4 i ripped the knob off. Hell i've accidently thrown the knob into the back seat in my buddies car on a hard 1-2 shift...

You have options. If you want to keep the stock knob, and you want a more permenant solution, you can add a couple drops of glue into the knob and then put it back on the shifter. You can add the MPx knob. Or you can thread the shifter shaft and add any number of aftermarket knobs.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
There's another option. Work on your shift technique. Don't grab and yank the shifter. Open palm and push the shifter into gear.

I tossed my shift knob into the driver's footwell one time while making an autocross run. That definitely added to the excitement of that run. :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
I've never actually done it in my car. In fact, when i installed the mopar STS, i had a hell of a time trying to get the knob off.... funny story, what i had to do to get the knob off was grab the stick under the knob and slide my hand up real hard into the bottom of the knob. When it finally came off, it shot up and hit me in the forehead. It hurt like hell, and i felt really stupid for not even thinking that might happen.... in hindsight, it was funny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts