Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an extra set of mounts laying here so my car wont have any downtime. I know that I should fill them with polyurethane, but how would I fill them exactly? should I just lay them on a piece of cardboard and fill them in, or is there a special way?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Get $30 dollars and go buy them from one of the sponsered vendors.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Not inserts..

Window urethane is one thing guys use. You may need to cure them in a heater or something.
Pour
Let them dry
Turn around, repeat
I guess..

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i filled mine with PL polyurethane premium construction adhesive from lowes, cost 3 bucks, comes in a tube like caulking, just pump it in the voids and smooth it out with your finger, takes 48 hours to cure completly, works great and has been in for over 8 months with no signs of coming loose, reduced wheel hop a bunch

·
Registered
370 Posts
to do it right, get WindowWeld Urethane windows sealant/adhesive, it comes in a caulk tube.. Either ask at a car parts store, or an auto glass place..

remove the mounts, completely fill them with the WindowWeld, and then let dry for 24 hours before reinstalling..

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hey camlifter what section is that in? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
at the lowes store here it's in the aisle with all the glues and caulking stuff, comes in a blue and yellow tube, since you have spares make sure you let it cure for the full 48 hours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts