Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hopeing to pick one of these up, but everyone wants my VIN# to void my warranty. Is used the only way?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got you good!

Really, hook a brotha up.
What's the trick?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
NO trick, becuase they dont use your VIN to void your warranty. REally they dont. Its only becuase your damn car wont run without it.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Well if this is a serious ? then heres the answer. They are not getting your vin to void your warrenty. The vin has to be flashed into the PCM or your SRT-4 will not run. But even with the vin flashed you will still get a PO663 code that you can ignore. This code will not light up the check engine light so it will not cause you to fail emmisions testing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
I'm not asking weather I can install the ECU without flashing my VIN# but how I can acquire an ECU without providing my VIN#. My dealer can't even order it without inputting my VIN and immediately voiding my warranty.
Is this legit?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
The only way you are going to get a S1 pcm without giving your vin number is if you buy it used from someone on the forum. But you will have to give somebody your vin number so it can be flashed into the pcm before you can use it. Again they are not asking for your vin to void your warrenty.

·
Registered
333 Posts
kink 420 said:
Thanks for the replies.
I'm not asking weather I can install the ECU without flashing my VIN# but how I can acquire an ECU without providing my VIN#. My dealer can't even order it without inputting my VIN and immediately voiding my warranty.
Is this legit?
I suggest don't buy used or new pcm coz if you do, without your vin number reflash your damn car won't start. Happy April Fools day!! :jester:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer told me that it's the ordering that does the voiding not the flashing.
Looks like used is the way to go.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
kink 420 said:
My dealer told me that it's the ordering that does the voiding not the flashing.
Looks like used is the way to go.
Thanks.
Your dealer is either an idiot or a liar, Find another dealer. Honestly, they have no freaking clue.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
brady said:
VIN?

My flash only needed my SKIM
Your VIN was most likely automatically flashed to the PCM by use of your SKIM.

In some of the older PCM's, you would have to rekey the VIN in, as well as provide the SKIM.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Zzzzzz? No, in no version of the PCM did you ever have to provide the VIN. My S1 was one of the first, and when I sold it, the buy had an 03 and we did the reflash right here, so I know all that had to actually be entered was the PIN.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Your dealer is smoking crack. They DO NOT use the VIN to void your warranty. Everyone agrees its so they can have it written to the pcm so your car starts.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
glhs837 said:
Zzzzzz? No, in no version of the PCM did you ever have to provide the VIN. My S1 was one of the first, and when I sold it, the buy had an 03 and we did the reflash right here, so I know all that had to actually be entered was the PIN.
Then I must have used the rekey method by accident when doing my S2 PCM.

We originally tried to do the reflash method on the PCM, but it was not working as the VIN would not flash over. The SKIM would flash over ok, but the VIN would not. So we had to manually key in the VIN number letter by letter, number by number.

The PCM was a 2003 Stage 2 PCM, so I am guessing it was one of the first Stage 2 kits or pretty close.

Now, when I had my Stage 1 PCM, it would flash over no problem.

Or maybe there is a slight difference between PCM's? Im sure you would know better than me on this. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Hmmm, first report Ive heard of such. Not sure what to make of it, really, except to say that I'll file it away as a thing to be aware of, if anyone reports having issues.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You need the vin to get the SKIM then you enter the SKIM the only change made is to the Theft lock

·
Registered
582 Posts
they need your vin also to check up your skim

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
dodge dealership + ownership + drivers license = SKIM.

Either way, vin or skim, you'll be giving out some information.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts