Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for mine to arrive from Cali is killin me so I need to constantly read positive things about the car to confirm I've made the right choice. Unfortunatly, I've never even seen a SRT-4, much less sat in one or driven it.

So after how ever many miles you have what are you loving/hating about your SRT?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I love ever bit of it. Read and follow the break in procudure. Your car will start making good power at about 500 miles. Before that, you'll be suprised. After, you'll shit yourself :) My only complaint is that when i'm working, I can't drive my car. I think i'll try and get a job at PVO to fix this complaint. Seriously, I love it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebbtide said:
I love ever bit of it. Read and follow the break in procudure. Your car will start making good power at about 500 miles. Before that, you'll be suprised. After, you'll shit yourself :) My only complaint is that when i'm working, I can't drive my car. I think i'll try and get a job at PVO to fix this complaint. Seriously, I love it.
Thank you ebbtide, thank you. That put a smile on my face. My only concern is that I might not like the yellow...but we'll see when it gets here.

I read yesterday that an SRT does 0-100 10 seconds faster than an R/T!!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I was in the same boat as you before Tuesday. I had only seen pictures and until Raptor let me ride in his, I had never been in one either. I got it Tuesday and right now I have 195 miles on it. I've been taking it real easy because I'm still in the engine breakin period, but I'm really impressed with it. Sure, there are faster cars out there. It satisfies my need for an afforable car that is fun to drive and is above average in the speed department. I can't get enough of that exhaust. I actually get up on time in the morning now, so I can get in the car faster. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've got the yellow one and I love it. It's not too "orange" and not to "canary". It's just the right color of YELLOW! The only thing I found about the color is that you can see little specs of tar from the road easy. I saw one after I first got it and tried to rub it off, but accidentally smeared it. It made a big black streak. I took a little "bug and tar" remover, sprayed it on a soft cloth, and rubbed it gently. It came right off and I cleaned the spot off with water and sprayed it with a little Meguiar's Spray and wax. Buffed it up to a nice shine!

-Sam

PS. You won't regret getting this car! Trust me!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
I bought mine without seeing it as well and I'm telling you right now, you will be blown away :shock: when you see it, guaranteed!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Have to agree with all the comments above (except about the wife driving it.. :lol: )

I've had it 1 1/2 months and still feel the same way about it as when I got it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've got 700 miles on mine (silver sleeper edition) and I can't wait to get in and drive to/from work. It is parked outside my office window literally about 15 feet from where I sit. I look over my shoulder every 15 seconds just to make sure she's still there.

I think one of the best kicks for me is when I turn the key. The engine fires up with a very angry growl that just will absolutely plaster a grin from ear to ear. I sit there just kind of taking it in for a minute or so. The next best sound (someone back me up here) has got to be when you downshift from 4-3 or 3-2 and the backfires start spitting. I think one of the magazines put it best when they said it acts as pissed as it sounds (and it sounds PISSED OFF!). Another major smiler inducer. Third best sound is the blow off valve when shifting at high rpms. Nice...whoosh!

So far the power is excellent. Accelerating in all gears seems effortless. You have to be very careful on the launch in first or you'll hop hop hop the wheels all over the place. For break-in I've been giving her short (4-5 second) WOT in second to third gear. Don't take it too easy on break in, that can be just as bad as thrashing it during break in. Gotta have some spurts of WOT to seat them rings.

So far my only real gripe might be that the thigh bolsters in the front seats are just a *bit* too narrow. Maybe it's because I'm tall that my legs sit wider apart at the seat edge. That being said, I'm 6ft3in and this is the first compact car I've sat in where I actually had to click the driver's seat up one notch. Loads of leg room for tall folks. I can even sit in back easily without my knees jammed into the front seatback.

Stereo is reasonable. Good enough for non-audiophiles to be happy.

I love the notchy shifter, it feels all business.

Cool, just looked at my watch, I'm leaving work in 12 minutes...

You will love this car, you made the right decision. This is the best bang for buck sports car at the moment. You don't need a test drive. I test drove a bunch of <20K sports compacts during my car shop and I thought the SRT-4 was in a performance class by itself.

Every other car I testdrove, I'd get out and kinda look at my wife and say "well whaddya think?" and she'd say "well do you like it?" and I'd say "yeah, it's pretty cool, maybe this will be the one, dunno". After testdriving the SRT-4, I got out, went over to my wife and just said "jackpot, we have a winner". It wasn't even close.

Anyway, gotta run, quittin' time...can't wait to be stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Have you noticed this or just maybe it is me, people will tailgate if they find your car offensive?

I had this happen to me when I drove the wife over to her mechanic shop to pickup the mini-van. I would of stop the car and gave him some grief but I had to refrain myself due to the wife in the car.

However, it was Chrylser owner...pretty sad to note.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I just finished giving the nickel tour to a Neon enthusiast earlier today and I gotta tell ya, I'm just as giddy now as I was when I drove her off the lot. Many times during the day I catch myself looking out the window at my SRT, just grinning ear to ear :D This car is the real deal - no regrets at all about buying this car!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
hemidakota said:
The only problem when purchasing the car, it is not allowing your other half from taking it for a spin. Now...it is a common thing for her in not driving the truck or mini-van but to drivve this...

Thats why u gotta marry a non stick driving woman :)
I dont have that problem, but who knows...shes been talking about learning stick for a while now.
But she hasn't been in the car for like 2 weeks now....so maybe the thrill factor has died off.... :twisted:

·
Registered
65 Posts
whats the deal with this notchy shfter i keep hearing about? what do they mean when they say notchy?

sorry i have never owned a stick and this would be my first

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well notchy is another way to say precise...basically you need to aim a bit when you shift gears to get between the gates...not a problem for an enthusiast but extra work for the "common" driver...personally I like the positive feedback a "notchy" shifter gives me, you KNOW when you are in gear. One of the first times I drove my father's 96 Vette I commented on how sloppy the shifter felt (I had a '94 Z28 at the time with a Hurst shifter)..next day he went out to buy one for his car.. :D

James

·
Registered
65 Posts
Invidious said:
Well notchy is another way to say precise...basically you need to aim a bit when you shift gears to get between the gates...not a problem for an enthusiast but extra work for the "common" driver...personally I like the positive feedback a "notchy" shifter gives me, you KNOW when you are in gear. One of the first times I drove my father's 96 Vette I commented on how sloppy the shifter felt (I had a '94 Z28 at the time with a Hurst shifter)..next day he went out to buy one for his car.. :D

James
oh ok doesnt sound too bad...guess i should try it myself

btw, is it easy to accidentally shift to the wrong gear with that shifter? just curious :lol:

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
with a five speed no it shouldnt be a problem, the only problem i have ever had with a manual was a 6-speed.................i guess im not used to the pattern, especially in the viper :lol: i like the shifter in the rsx type s tho it has a very solid feel too it and i didnt have trouble finding the gates :twisted:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
22 Participants
fivetoez
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing