Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started overheating and I popped my hood to see the hose under the coolant tank cut by something, looks to be chewed off... I can't find where it runs to, I feel like that has to be the reason its overheating... can someone help me out and determine where it runs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you losing coolant out of that hose? I checked mine and its just a little short piece of hose hanging off not connected to anything, and i dont have any overheating issues or any coolant loss. If you arent losing anything out of that particular hose then i would think your problem is somewhere else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed it's dripping. That was the only thing I could think of. It randomly started to overheat..

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
lol, it's the AC drain line

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well damn, lol. Not sure why it's overheating then.... I can hear bubbling from the coolant reservoir after driving it as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was having some overheating issues for a while, then i noticed the coolant hose that connected to the metal line into my turbo wasnt clamped down enough and when the engine got hot was spraying coolant onto my turbo and firewall, just replaced the squeeze clamp with a screw clamp, then replaced my thermostat and gasket and i havent lost a drop since and no more overheating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Isn't that the heater core ?

That's a neon....
the heater core hoses are on the right side of the engine if your looking at it forward.

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon SRT4
8 Posts
I know this a old thread, but im currently experience the same issue now. Any idea what was the cause?
For mine, it barely leaks when using the car, but once it starts sitting, it starts to leak more. nothing to crazy, just annoying that i cant figure the problem

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
is it leaking coolant, or water? I'm pretty sure that is the drain for the A/C, which should drip water when in use.

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon SRT4
8 Posts
Definitely coolant, always green dripping out. I currently experience this when it sits. The past 2 days I let it sit and it was dripping coolant, drove it all day yesterday , no drip over night. There is no smoke from exhaust, oil is fresh [no milk shake look] I took off radiator cap, still filled with coolant since the dripping is not really big, but does get a puddle leaving it sit for a few days.

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon SRT4
8 Posts
Alright good to know it's a a/c drain since I had no clue why it was just there freely. lol over flow tank is actually empty, haven't refilled it for a while. looked under the car and coolant coming out of the a/c drain. Here's my next question, would a failing heater core redirect coolant to the ac drain hose? I'm pretty sure my heater core is giving out slowly, I plan to by pass it soon regardless since I dont use the heater. Once I do that, I can come back here and give a update. Just clueless why coolant would be coming out of a ac drain pipe.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
If it is in fact coolant, and it is in fact coming out of that pipe (and not running down from above) your heater core is the only explanation. Go ahead and bypass it and see if the issue persists.

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon SRT4
8 Posts
Yeah definitely going to give the bypass a shot and see what happens.
I'll update when I get this done and to keep people updated as well incase anyone else runs into this problem

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Neon SRT4
8 Posts
Did you bypass and did it work?
I actually really haven't paid attention to this lol its only happening when it sits, when i drive it around it doesn't leak. Haven't been having any over heating issues and coolant levels stay the same.
Ill eventually get to this some time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts