Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just curious what others have experienced.. I have an 05 SRT4 and am hoping to buy coilovers soon, but recently noticed how low this hose on the passenger side hangs below the engine.
I’m currently on stock springs and it’s pretty low, even at stock height.

With Coils, I’d like to have about a 1” gap all around between the tire and fender.

Any insights to share if this hose commonly gets messed up going over dips and things (even with being careful)?

It makes me hesitate on lowering it honestly. God forbid I end up on a dirt road for some reason :). Sorry for the bad pic.

Also, I’m looking to get the BC BR coils and am a noobie in this area for sure. With the height I’m looking to get the car at, would you recommend getting the rear camber plates also?

I don’t want to have issues when getting it aligned (hate unnecessary uneven tire wear!), and would just be looking to align the car as close to stock specs for toe and camber as possible to prevent uneven wear.

Thanks for any insights!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
hard to tell from that picture if thats your lower radiator hose or intercooler coupler. i think its the radiator hose. I dont believe that is supposed to be like that. something seems out of place.

also, judging by the condition of the bottom of that bumper, maybe going lower isnt the best choice for you.... haha

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts
I don't think that's right either, is the hose crimped down further for some reason? I just looked on my car and from that position I don't have anything hanging down like that. Did someone perhaps replace that hose with a generic that was too long?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the insights guys, I agree something is up here. I think it may have been replaced with a generic or was installed improperly (I’ll jack it up and get a better look soon).

Here’s some more pictures showing it definitely comes off the passenger side of the intercooler. Anyone know what this specific hose / pipe is called so I can look up the proper piece to buy and replace?

P.S. - the prior owner was the one who apparently thought it would be cool to scrape the bottom of the bumper any chance he could 😀.

I haven’t done that, luckily. Had plenty of lowered cars over the years so I’m up to speed on driving one.
31426721-11CE-43A3-8D32-C14708225358.jpeg 78AF404C-7E47-4B2B-BA93-A0D53E42D71E.jpeg D54437E6-FEFD-4023-9EBA-B49185FDA1A3.jpeg 69987EAD-E218-4379-BB78-712D27E80910.jpeg 31426721-11CE-43A3-8D32-C14708225358.jpeg 78AF404C-7E47-4B2B-BA93-A0D53E42D71E.jpeg D54437E6-FEFD-4023-9EBA-B49185FDA1A3.jpeg 69987EAD-E218-4379-BB78-712D27E80910.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
that is the hot side intercooler pipe. looks stock, but it does seem to be sagging down. I wonder if you could loosen the clamps and rotate it up more.

Another option would be to go to something like this.

Though if it isnt leaking, and you can get it tucked back up there, i'd probably stick with the original one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Gump, this helps a lot! I agree, I’d like to keep the stock one, if possible to just rotate it.

If anyone is willing to take a quick picture of their stock hot side intercooler pipe so I could reference what a “good looks like”, I would appreciate it as well!

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Sorry, can’t help you there. I’ve had an AGP pipe on mine for like 12 years or so... haha

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Looks like they might of put it on backwards. Meaning the side going to the intercooler should be going to the chargepipe. It should not sag or look like that, but be tucked in there nicely. I have a stock one on my car, but I have the plastic shield blocking the view. I plan on putting my winter wheel setup on soon (a bit late) I will get a picture for you. But its like 5 degrees out. and will be cold for a while, so no rush on that. What intercooler is on your car? The hotside area of the intercooler is a pain in the butt due to such a small/tight area to work with. Remember to do a boost leak test after messing with it. I always seem to have boost leaks on the hotside intercooler area.

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts
As far as the scraping on the bottom of the bumper, you can use fine grit sandpaper to lightly work them down some so they aren't so noticeable, then mask off the front (non scraped area) and feather the scraped area with color matching paint to get it to look a lot better. Not sure if the dealer still has access now 15 years later but they used to sell a small can of matching spray paint, along with a double end (pen/small brush) detail paint bottle. Just be careful about grabbing some generic red that "looks" the same, there are a LOT of different reds out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the insights. My intercooler is the stock one. I would definitely like a picture when you can, thanks S3.

I’m looking forward to taking this off and adjusting and possibly reversing it to see if it fixes it, just need to make time with the 3 little ones. If all else fails, then AGP it is! I will post up the resolution afterwards 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Per the service manual, this is how that hose should be on the car.

Reactions: s3*ps2

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Thats the picture you need ^
Thanks guys, I appreciate the insights. My intercooler is the stock one. I would definitely like a picture when you can, thanks S3.

I’m looking forward to taking this off and adjusting and possibly reversing it to see if it fixes it, just need to make time with the 3 little ones. If all else fails, then AGP it is! I will post up the resolution afterwards 👍🏻
Not a fan of the hard lower pressure pipes. I have know 3 locals back in the day that had the lower torque strut rub a hole in the aftermarket aluminum one and cause a massive boost leak lol. Plus the metal ones introduce 2 more potential boost leaks and boy is it even harder to seal boost up on that piece. What a headache! Worm clamps are your friend on the intercooler side. Don't even try a t-bolt on the oval pipe. boost leak galore. Also a tbolt is too damn big in such a small area! Did I mention how much I dread that area on the intercooler? :p "P

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Thats the picture you need ^

Not a fan of the hard lower pressure pipes. I have know 3 locals back in the day that had the lower torque strut rub a hole in the aftermarket aluminum one and cause a massive boost leak lol. Plus the metal ones introduce 2 more potential boost leaks and boy is it even harder to seal boost up on that piece. What a headache! Worm clamps are your friend on the intercooler side. Don't even try a t-bolt on the oval pipe. boost leak galore. Also a tbolt is too damn big in such a small area! Did I mention how much I dread that area on the intercooler? :p "P
I also had the A/C bracket rub though my hard pipe, however this is typically a side effect of the 4th engine mount sagging. After I replaced my 4th mount, there is tons of clearance for the intercooler pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts