• TurboXS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compared to the other aftermarket companies out there, will you choose Mopar to modify your SRT or Neon, or will you choose other companies like TurboXS, HKS, AEM, etc?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well, i will probably get the stage 3 from mopar if it is out when i get the car. if not i will get some shiznit from turboxs. if stage 3 is out, then i will still get the utec, then upgrade to a turbonetics t-78 turbo, plus some other major crap. i might upgrade the stock oil cooler and power steering cooler. :)

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Mopar Peformance would be my choice. After all, they are making products for engine they designed, they know its potential and limitations.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I will go with the GReddy and HKS pieces and maybe even Turbo xs. Heck, I should have just stated that I would not go with mopar parts, would have made it easier. lol

Anyways the reason I would go with the Jap brands is because most of there items are set forth for turbo charged vehicles. So there basic blow off valve and boost controllers and turbo times etc will most likely work with no problem.

I have been an import guy since day one, but its now nice to see that an affordable domestic turbo charged car that can actually put down some nice numbers with a super resonable price tag finaly comes out. I will also be great for some of teh kids who coould not afford teh higher end turbo cars. They can now get into the turbo charged market and learn a whole new aspect of driving a turbo charged car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, when it comes down to performance products like intakes, exhaust, BOV's, turbo timers, boost controllers, springs, etc, if the performance gains are there and the price is decent, will you choose Mopar?

What if they made sweet looking wheels? Would you roll on Mopar wheels?

·
Registered
17 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
well, i will probably get the stage 3 from mopar if it is out when i get the car. if not i will get some shiznit from turboxs. if stage 3 is out, then i will still get the utec, then upgrade to a turbonetics t-78 turbo, plus some other major crap. i might upgrade the stock oil cooler and power steering cooler. :)
What in the world are you gonna do with a T-78? You know the supporting mods alone would cost about 7 grand, right?

An 8:1 2.4L will never spool a T-78 in time to keep it driveable on the street. You'd need at least 9:1 with that, not to mention the fuel and electronics you'd need to support her!

The biggest turbo you'd want on the stock 2.4L is a T04 60-1, tops. Thats about the limit for a street car.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
knockedoutawd said:
What in the world are you gonna do with a T-78? You know the supporting mods alone would cost about 7 grand, right?
yeah, i know what i will need, and sorry to say, but it will be more then 7 grand.

The biggest turbo you'd want on the stock 2.4L is a T04 60-1, tops. Thats about the limit for a street car.
i know what i want, and what i will have. if you want the 60-1, then thats fine. different strokes ....

·
Registered
17 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
knockedoutawd said:
yeah, i know what i will need, and sorry to say, but it will be more then 7 grand.

i know what i want, and what i will have. if you want the 60-1, then thats fine. different strokes ....
The T-78 is not a turbo for 4 bangers! Your powerband will start at 6000rpm with that monster.

That's even big by Supra standards, and they're working with another 2 cylinders and .6L displacement. :roll: You'd have to shift before the thing even made full boost.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
t78 is a monster. You hit full boost on the supra at about 4200 rpm on a 3L engine. I think its to big for a 4cyl unless you plan on spooling the piss otu of it with alot of NOS.

I must admit though, it wiuld be kewl to see an srt4 with one on. lol

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well when i get the bucks to get it on i will come out and show you guys what it is like. :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Make sure to get some good springs in that valvetrain, because you'll need to rev that thing to 9k to make any real power.

Seriously man do your research. Compressor flow maps are your friend.

You must have 40k in your bank waiting to do all this to a brand new car. No offense but you sound like a real dreamer to me.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
knockedoutawd said:
Make sure to get some good springs in that valvetrain, because you'll need to rev that thing to 9k to make any real power.

You must have 40k in your bank waiting to do all this to a brand new car. No offense but you sound like a real dreamer to me.
titanium valves and springs.

no offence taken man, but you guys seem to think i will be doing this as soon as i get my hands on the car. i never said that. it will take a couple of years. :wink: i am just saying what the finished car will be like. and nothing is set in stone, if i find something that will work better for what i want then i can change my mind.

oh, i thought you might like this :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
knockedoutawd said:

titanium valves and springs.

no offence taken man, but you guys seem to think i will be doing this as soon as i get my hands on the car. i never said that. it will take a couple of years. :wink: i am just saying what the finished car will be like. and nothing is set in stone, if i find something that will work better for what i want then i can change my mind.

oh, i thought you might like this :wink:

;) Ive got a 6-bolt block, she doesnt get crankwalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
knockedoutawd
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing