Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Seen some people ask for a how-to. I'm not sure I have enough material to start a proper how-to thread since I didn't take any pictures during the process. However I edited my original post to include a quick summary of how it was done. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
985 Posts
how long is the srt4 sticker and tall

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Mo
7,865 Posts
hmmm.. i may do this to mine..

i have black fiberglass ones.. might add on a White SRT logo on it..

hmmmm.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
definatly a great look. im going with LEDs though, since all my other lights are LED.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Hmmmm. Can't find much info on fog deletes. Looks like Carbonbydesign only makes them. $79 in fiberglass + shipping.

Love your how-to. Might have to give this a shot here soon since my lense broke on my foglight. Getting rid of them all together.

Edit: I see this thread is in the show-off section. Shouldn't it be in the how-to section? Probably not due to lack of pictures of the process.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Going to give this a shot. No "SRT" on mine though, just colormatched.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Called up home depot and they told me to try a hobby store. So I went to hobby lobby and all they had was plexi glass which is very thin and I dont think it will hold up o"n it. Went to a Lowes and they had small sheets of lexan but it was 2mm thick. Did not seem very flexible at all. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think that 2mm lexan should work. You can get it to flex by heating it with a heat gun. Carefully though so you don't warp it.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I ended up going to ace hardware and they had some 1/8'' Lexan. Seems pretty flexible. Busted out the scroll saw and got a good outline with it. Well need to sand down. Looks like I can just epoxy it with the clamps and it will conform to the shape. (It is 90 degrees out)

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
TUNE should take orders, make some dinero

TUNE - why don't you make a little money and get a order of a dozen or so in different colors?

Probably keeps the bugs out of the light holes too. Prevents chipping etc.

I like what he's done.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts