Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally went and tightened the clamps on all my hoses and what not, (each side of intercooler, underneath motor, TB and turbo) and holy crap! Before I was peaking about 15-16 psi and holding 14 now I'm peaking 17+ psi and holding 15-16!!

This is awesome. I love my car.

-James

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Are you running stage 0? That is awesome. Are you holding that PSI to reldine?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my car is totally stock, I'm not sure if it's holding until redline, I doubt it but it might be. I need to drive it some more tonight...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danthaR/Tman said:
how hard was it to get to the one on the turbo?
kinda a pain, just use an 8 mm socket and a lot of extensions.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
I can guarantee you are not holding 15-16 to redline. More like 12-13. ;)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
evo77 said:
I can guarantee you are not holding 15-16 to redline. More like 12-13. ;)
yeah after i drove it more i realized i was being way too optimistic..eh..oh well.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
actually - it depends on where you live. here in philly 12-14 is normal.

Depending on air conditions, the boost on a stock srt can range between 11 and 18 psi. It compensates for air density and O2 content... to achieve the proper hp targets.

So it could boost that high on occasion.

Just my .02.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
posthondaremoval said:
actually - it depends on where you live. here in philly 12-14 is normal.

Depending on air conditions, the boost on a stock srt can range between 11 and 18 psi. It compensates for air density and O2 content... to achieve the proper hp targets.

So it could boost that high on occasion.

Just my .02.
We are talking about at redline.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I didn't think he was holding that to redline. I tightened up all of my IC clamps and and didn't get anymore boost.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I've only tightened one of my ic pipings by the throttle body by pushing the piping further in and then tightening it down and saw that the boost held a little better but not by much, im going to tighten the rest this weekend and see what happens. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I know it's peaking a lot more than before, before the highest I ever saw the boost gauge hit was 16 psi and now i see it hit 17.5...

oh and there are 5 bolts in total, back of throttlebody, turbo, each side of intercooler, and underneath right in the middle under the motor.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've been to Philly many times. The air there is about as thin and clear as molasses on a winter morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts