Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new 6-speed automatic is expected in late 2005, for the ’06 model year. That is about when the Corvette joins the supercar ranks with the launch of a 500-hp, 7L Z06 version of the new model, which is scheduled to debut at the 2005 Detroit auto show. A new LS7 V-8 replaces the old 5.7L 405-hp LS6 as the highest-performance Corvette engine. Top speed jumps from the standard ’Vette’s 186 mph (299 km/h) to more than 200 mph (322 km/h)......'A German competitor (BMW AG) has just launched a complicated V-10', Lutz says, 'Our overhead-valve V-8 has the same power and performance, and only revs to 6,500 rpm.

Hmmm, I think I am going to start my Z06 fund, feel free to contribute :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That comment from Mr. Lutz has to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard. It basically reads like this: Our engine uses an antiquated pushrod motor that is a 7.0L(71.5hp/liter) instead of BMW's cutting edge 5.0 L V10(100hp/liter). It will surely be a fast car but that comment just shows how outdated the companies outlook is.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Question would you consider Dodge outdated engine wise considering their best engines are pushrods or have massive cubes?

Lutz has a big point. If those antiquated pushrods are so bad they wouldn't be putting out that level of power. And I have a feeling that LS7 has more potential than that BMW V10.
American auto makers are send a shot across the bow of people who think American V8s are worthless. Chevy and Dodge are beating heads in with their N/A small blocks. Ford is slaying exotics with nothing more than a DOHC V8 with a twinscrew supercharger.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That whole "I MAKE MORE POWER PER L !!11ONEONE!!11ONE" arguement is GAY and fucking retarded, IMO.

Pushrod > Modular

·
Registered
741 Posts
The biggest issue with BMW is miles per galon. The price of gasoline in Germany is $5.00 per gallon. That's why they put so much technology into their engines. Did you know that BMW sells very little V8 in Europe? It's because of that same reason. The biggest consumer of BMW V8s is USA. 4 cylinder is by far the most popular engine size in Europe. My BMW 540i has a 4.4L V8. My wife gets about 22MPG city driving. 30mpg+ in highway. The car has about 286hp at the flywheel, but you drop a Dinan supercharger, computer and tranny software and say hello to 400hp and still get 15+ mpg. Dinan is very conservative, but no question about it you can get more performance out of a V8 that a 4 cylinder engine.

Percy

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
A 500hp Vette? Good, fuel for the fire under SRTs ass. This plus the GT40 will certainly yeild a Viper with bigger balls... Competition is a great thing, and I can't wait to see what a C6 Z06 looks like.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
srt4 stock will still be faster!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
ma engine es un betta tan yurz!

no our engine is better than yours!

ta is un blas-fem-e!

:dunno: either way, nothing sounds more bad ass than an american V8. period.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
im still waiting on the srt 8 n the charger were forgettin bout chrysler n their new sportscar the one with multiple turbos if that thing comes out whoa nelly!

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
georgejetson said:
Charger. 6.1. $35k.

Sit tight.
LS2 - stellar fuel economy
6.1L dodge motor - :jester: fuel economy

We all know that Dodge's V8's suck fuel like it's going out of style. :)

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Who the fuck cares about fuel economy??? If you are spending a bunch of money on an all out sports car you better not give a flying shit about mpg's....Give me a 500hp car that gets less than 10mpg over a 250hp car that gets 20mpg any day....Oh yeah if you are going to contribut to Roo's fund for a corvette please contribute to my fund for the ME-4-12...thank you

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
If this new Vette is capable of out accellerating so called "supercars," then why is it not a supercar? Some consider the NSX a supercar, but it's nothing compared to just a regular C6. I think people have a stigma attached to a pricetag, like "if I can afford it, then it's not a supercar."

1 - 20 of 48 Posts