Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here are the pictures the top of the flange is leaking. I dont know if its is a weld or a whole piece but it bubbles during leak testing. I wanted to know which is the best way to fix it. SOrry for the bad pictures.

The first one basically outlines where its leaking. Its the upper part of the flange where the bov sits. Would JB weld pull it off?

·
Premium Member
15,307 Posts
spend 10$ bucks or so and take it to a muffler shop and make sure they have aluminum rod to weld it back up 4 ya-then u shoud be good

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bitts said:
spend 10$ bucks or so and take it to a muffler shop and make sure they have aluminum rod to weld it back up 4 ya-then u shoud be good
So I should tell them to use a aluminum rod to weld it? DO I gotta take the BOV out of the pipe? I really dont feel like messing with that.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
That piece is steel not aluminum. that is the first version HP that i made (i think, poor pix).

Looks like you got it used? That means you go tno instructions. YOu need to put teflon tape on the threads(flange spins off).

When ever you have threads on anything that has fluid or air in it, you want to use teflon tape on it unless it has flairs on it or orings inside (like the hks flange to bov connection).

Once again , i fyou want to weld it, use steel.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a ring on the inside. It has 2 holes.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem fixed thanks exhaust depot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts