Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HKS EVC 5 installed on my SRT4, now how do I use it? Install Pics Inside!!

I went thru all the instructions and there are a few things I dont understand.

1) what is the scramble boost function for? Scramble time?

How do I use it?

2) What is the offsetting function about and how do I use it?

3) How do I tune the high and low boost with the volume knobs? I cant seem to get the numbers at 19 PSI for Hi boost???

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Well I do not know about the HKS BC but on my Apexi Avc-r all the reading are in metric so 19psi would be like around 1.2 bar or around there any way. And scramble boost is you have say 15psi as your high boost setting then when you push a button you add a set amount of boost on top of your high setting for a user determind lenght of time.(15psi then push button adds say 4psi for 10 seconds then boost setting goes back to 15psi till you hit the button again)kinda like nitros.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
srtowner said:
Well I do not know about the HKS BC but on my Apexi Avc-r all the reading are in metric so 19psi would be like around 1.2 bar or around there any way. And scramble boost is you have say 15psi as your high boost setting then when you push a button you add a set amount of boost on top of your high setting for a user determind lenght of time.(15psi then push button adds say 4psi for 10 seconds then boost setting goes back to 15psi till you hit the button again)kinda like nitros.
well I guess I wont be using any of the scramble modes since I am on the stock turbo. 19 psi will be my high boost setting and 17 will be my low setting.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stealth said:
Dunno how that one works, but I have the Blitz SBC ID1 and it goes by ratio...

for me i need to put (40)40% to get around 17-18psi.

19% is still to low to see a difference.

I'll have to play with it on some open road and cross reference it with my factory boost gauge till its all set properly...

Anyhow I set the dial at like 18 today, went out, did a WOT run and hit a peak of 12.5 PSI on my factory booost gauge. The Peak Hold on the EVC read at 12.5 PSI also

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Ya, when the dail is at 18 it's 18% not 18lb's...

Put it up to like 30 and see what happens. I did the same thing when I got my
Controller in....I thought it went by lb's but it's Ratio.

18 = 18% open

100 = 100% open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.