Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i hooked up my HKS BOV tonight and all i get is flutter.... Im not to sure what i did wrong... I "T" into the TB.... and have my BOP on..... im getting good boost.... can somebody tell me what i did wrong.... like i said all im getting is flutter..... i saw a nut on the bov... and i tried ajusting that but no luck.... it also doesnt feel like when its blowing off anything is coming out of it... so if anybody could help me that would be great....

Matt

·
Banned
553 Posts
Sounds like your vaccum line isn't hooked up right or at all. That would be the only thing stopping it from blowing off. Also loosen the bolt all the way out and see if that helps, if it dose then adjust accordingly

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this bad when you dont feel any pressure coming out? Can this hurt the turbo? This was a used HKS BOV.... so the nipple broke off but it was replaced by a brake line.... but i have it coming off the T of the manifold.... so i guess you could say i have 2 T's in that line....

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump^^ Sorry for the quick bump... i just need some answers quick before i start work.... this is going to bug me all day....

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Its real simple man, take it a step at a time and don't worry.

1) Is it teed into the right line? You are looking for a clean source of manifold vacc. This is ANY vacc BENIND the TB. On our cars this is the first nipple after the throttle body. It is not the second one that gose to the PCV valve, but the one in front of it.

2) Is the spring preload tention too tight on the BOV? This is what the set screw on the top of the BOV is for. Back out that set screw as far as you can. Then shap the throttle, it should blow off. If it dosent pull the vacc line off of the BOV (car running) and put your thumb over it. If you feel it getting sucked in start to condem the BOV of look for a leak.

3) If the above two are not it check the pressure pipe. Make shure you have the right O ring seal in the flange for the BOV. When the HKS is C clamped on the fightment should be pretty tight.

If everything around the BOV checks out junck the BOV and get a nice right out of the box new one.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I just had this problem when i put on my greddy. I had it adjusted too tight and it would even flutter at like 5 psi. Now I adjusted it and it blows off fine and sounds great. I think it just takes a little time to get it right.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
well if it's JUST flutter that's because the air is comming through the turbo and not the bov...which is not a good thing. It might not hurt the turbo at all but it can. If it's working properly you should get a very high pitched noise....hks's sound really cool. Mine is teed into the line comming off of the manifold/tb. The one with the 90 degree boot comming off of it. If you're teed into that you should be fine and I also have my WGA teed into the same like like 3 inches further down and they work fine. All i could think is that the BOV spring is too tight. I'm assuming you can adjust it on the HKS.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if i pull the line off the the BOV and im not feeling my finger getting sucked that means that i dont have a vacc source right? but if i do feeling some sucking that means that my vacc source is good but the BOV isnt.... correct?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
is there anyway of testing the BOV with out having it hooked up? also if i were to have to put the stock bov back on would i beable to leave the coldside pipe on that the bov is on? or will that cause some kind of leak?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
hmmm, CoreDump had an HKS he bought from Alarre that didn't want to blow off. The internal assembly looked like it's good but no go..

Oh yeah, it was installed right as I also had an HKS and mine didn't have a problem opening up.

G

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.