Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Merderates da formz
14,274 Posts
Boost leak test and spray soapy water around the intake manifold, fuel injectors, throttle body, etc and look for bubbles. It may be a gasket or o-ring if there's no obvious sound during a boost leak test.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have the mopar cold air intake system and wen im in vacume you can hear my stock turbo spooling and it sounds like hissing if thats close to wat you sound but its normal bc wen u boost all you hear is turbo the hissing goes away, how much boost are you pushing and has it always been that many pounds of boost, if its always been the same then your fine

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
What are you pumping the system up to when you boost leak test?
I would personally have a wideband even on a canned 93 tune.

During your 30 minute drive to that hockey game did you do any WOT pulls or anything?
Might not pertain to the noise but check your exhaust manifold bolts to head.

Also get a friend to record the noise and post it here. Know of any somewhat local SRT-4 owners that could help you out?

Here yah go buddy:
Minnesota SRT-4 Forums

·
Registered
656 Posts
ok I just had to mention this cuz nobody said it already. There is a vacuum line that goes in the dash to the blend air door for the hvac, the line has a plug on the end of it and its greased to keep a vac seal. If it dries out it makes a slight hissing noise in the dash at all times, and it gets louder under boost. Listen near the hvac control on the far right, thats where the plug is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@ Boostinfamily- Lol I wish that was the issue. @ BigTurbo- I am intrigued by this since I have never checked this out or even knew it was there. I hate to ask but does anyone have a picture of the nipple he is refering too? I will do some research and check it out but was hoping for a little more information on where this is. It's still there and annoying as ever I kind of gave up until I could afford to take it in. But I am willing to keep trying new ideas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
20120405_151259.mp4 - YouTube

This is insane as I do more research about the Hvac issue, this youtube video is almost exactly what I have except I can't hear mine just sitting in the car. but where his air leak is coming out is like damn near exact where I hear the rush of air noise as I am driving around.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts