Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
ourformerselves said:
I'm hoping to have my SRT-4 before my road trip to Oklahoma in mid-May. I was wondering how loud the exhaust is between 70 & 80 mph?

And an off-topic question. If I have the car, I know it won't be broken in completely by then and I've heard people say that when breaking in a car you shouldn't keep the rpms steady for a long period of time. true or false?

Thanks,
Richard
The break-in on my WRX was a tad longer... 1k miles recommended... than your SRT-4 and I had to do a little highway driving also. What you want to avoid is keeping the engine at the same RPM... so vary it. I would accelerate in 5th gear to a faster speed for a tad, then decelerate back to a slower speed for a tad... then down shift to 4th (RPMs jump up) run for a tad, then accel/decel in 4th... then shift back to 5th... run for a tad... repeat. By doing this you won't be holding a constant RPM for an extended period which will help with break-in.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
474 Posts
ourformerselves said:
Are you recommending doing that the entire trip? I don't know if I can handle about 1200 miles of doing that each way.
Agreed... that's a long trip. I didn't have to do all 1000 miles of my break-in that way... my highway adventure was less than 2 hours so it wasn't so bad. Hopefully some of these guys on here can chime in to what they did for their 1000+ mile trips back from FL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.