Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try these yet?

I know the risk of higher wattage bulbs can fry some wiring, is this an issue on the SRT? if so, can you try something like those new summit racing harnesses that upgrade the wiring?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month, 2011 Calendar C
6,898 Posts
I've never had a problem with higher wattage bulbs melting any of my wiring, in any of my three cars. If you do get the wiring kits, the bulbs are actually working to their potential (i.e. brighter). And it is recommended. But I've never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
If your making such a big effort to upgrade wiring for regular high wattage bulbs, save your money and buy a HID kit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
cwepruk1 said:
Anyone try these yet?

I know the risk of higher wattage bulbs can fry some wiring, is this an issue on the SRT? if so, can you try something like those new summit racing harnesses that upgrade the wiring?

Thanks,
this is why cars have fuses, the fuse will burn out long before the wiring, and if you keep burning out a fuse and replacing it without finding the cause of the problem then your a dumbass and that is how you burn out your wires, not calling u a dumbass but anyone that would just keep replacing a fuse evey few days or whatever.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
dam canadians. J/K most of the companys say there bulbs are higher watts and they even print that on the package when in actuality if you read teh bulb itself they are the same watts as the stockers i know NOKYA does this. so make sure the bulbs are higher wattage not just the writing on the package

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.