Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just picked up an 05 srt4 and was driving it back home on I95. At speeds of 85-90 the temps crept up to 223 on the hp tuners data logger. Speed was held for about an hour in some cases so it wasn’t under constant boost. It’s a big turbo set up. My question is, Is this normal? If so, how can I improve the situation. If not, what do you think is broken. Thanx

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Mine only gets hotter on the freeway with the A/C running for an extended time.

If your A/C was off you might have a poor functioning (aftermarket) radiator. My old "M" brand polished radiator wouldn't cool as well as a stock version. Most likely some internal passages were accidently soldered shut.
I'm using a 180 degree thermostat and have the DSP tuner set to activate the low speed fan at 190F., and the high speed fan is set to 195F., with a fresh stock (rock auto) radiator.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ac was on. I wonder at what mph the fans no longer work. It’s a mishimoto radiator or however it’s spelled. Also a big front mount inter cooler

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It looks like this might be a Mishimoto radiator thing...poor cooling.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I installed a CSF 3418 radiator from Rock Auto...$55.00, works just wonderful.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stock is better than mishimoto I’m guessing. That’s ok I don’t really like the look of it anyway

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Mishimoto has given some people problems. The stock radiator and fans will keep you cool all the time, with AC in 110 deg temps no matter what.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts