Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There. So I'm not sure what to do about getting a replacement for a busted driver side axl. Has anyone had experience with using a Gator performance axl vs Import Direct (part mi8155)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bumping this. Replaced a lower control arm and found inner boot pooping grease everywhere and the joint is really sloppy. Going to replace both and looking for something affordable that will handle me beating on it a little. My car is mostly stock for now.

Amazon axles any good? Cheap and have 12 month 12k warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
if you have stock ones your better off rebuild them.. Modern sells gators because stock are no longer available.. napa is another choice to consider

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you have stock ones your better off rebuild them.. Modern sells gators because stock are no longer available.. napa is another choice to consider
I don't know what axles are in there... this car is really turning into a basket case. The more I fix, the more I find that needs fixed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been searching, and I found Duralast axles on Autozones website. As far as I can tell they are the right axles. I checked out what all vehicles these axles fit, and on their site it says these axles also fit the PT cruiser turbo. I didn't know that they used the same axles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, My local parts guy showed up today with a set of Trackmotive. He's a great guy, so I'll give him a chance though. I did bust his balls about the warranty, and asked him if they were rated for 500 horsepower (lol, my car is stock). He didn't know what to say. I'll throw them in and try to break them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
One of my Trackmotives came defective out of the box. It pops and creaks like crazy. The other one throws all of its grease out of the boots. I hope you have better luck with them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put in the passenger side axle (trackmotive) yesterday. Seems good. No noises or anything. Hopefully it holds up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts