Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need on my car for high octane mode to not damage it? I've heard you need a catback to not ruin a cat... Is this true?

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
you don't necessarily "NEED" a catless downpipe but for safety you should... and race gas will help you hold the HOM

·
Registered
201 Posts
bro dont do it.... i have a stage 2 with toys witch i think u have so i got that red switch too.. i put 100oct in it 6.45gl was going like 60mph pushed the switch and dam did she fly spun the tires at 60mph but at the same time killed my fuel pump!! all that red switch does is feed the hell out of the pump adding more gas more power.. note my dodge friends told me this after getting my car fixxed.. so u can do it but i wouldnt.. was gunna replace it any ways so to me worth it smoked the evo 10 killed fuel pump worth it lol

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
bro dont do it.... i have a stage 2 with toys witch i think u have so i got that red switch too.. i put 100oct in it 6.45gl was going like 60mph pushed the switch and dam did she fly spun the tires at 60mph but at the same time killed my fuel pump!! all that red switch does is feed the hell out of the pump adding more gas more power.. note my dodge friends told me this after getting my car fixxed.. so u can do it but i wouldnt.. was gunna replace it any ways so to me worth it smoked the evo 10 killed fuel pump worth it lol
this is 100% false what HOM does is add 6-8* deg of timing which is why u need 100oct so that it doesn't knock and kick u out of it

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
1,341 Posts
this is 100% false what HOM does is add 6-8* deg of timing which is why u need 100oct so that it doesn't knock and kick u out of it
Since this is the most current HOM thread, I have a question. The only time I had race fuel in my recently installed S2 w/ Toys was 1 gallon on the dyno. I never tried driving with HOM since I now only have 91 octane. I do notice that if I'm parked and push the HOM button, the red light comes on. So, if I were to drive with HOM on 91, it would eventually kick me out, correct? What exactly happens when you get kicked out of HOM? Does the red light come on? Does your car hit a wall of bricks?

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Since this is the most current HOM thread, I have a question. The only time I had race fuel in my recently installed S2 w/ Toys was 1 gallon on the dyno. I never tried driving with HOM since I now only have 91 octane. I do notice that if I'm parked and push the HOM button, the red light comes on. So, if I were to drive with HOM on 91, it would eventually kick me out, correct? What exactly happens when you get kicked out of HOM? Does the red light come on? Does your car hit a wall of bricks?
the difference is when u go WOT crusing around doesn't do anything when the PCM sees knock it will kick u out and the red light will blink meaning your kicked out u will feel a difference and to turn it off u hit t red button again and the light will go out

·
Registered
58 Posts
ok i have a stage 2 w/toys, but i dont have the LED light that show wen im on HOM, i once read a thread about early stage 2s having a stage 1 sticker on the pcm, i guess im one of those guys since i got the car in 05 and my car came with stage 2 and it is a 04, im sure it is a stage 2 because it has the 3 bar map/tip sensors and the toys bezel, what would be the best way for me to run on HOM? sorry for my ignorance

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Well to find out if your HOM is working its easier just press the red button, floor it and you will be able to tell you get kicked out.... (On pump gas)

Stage 2 is easier to hold HOM than Stage 3 so I have learned.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Where can I find 100 fuel? And will like 112 octane hurt the engine in HOM?
No 112 won't harm your engine in HOM, it just won't take full advantage of the higher octane. You can get 100 octane at some gas stations I'm sure. I know there's a couple pumps by the track that I always go to...one sells 100 octane the other sells leaded 110. You have to bring a gas can for the 110 pump or they wont let you buy it so you might need it for the 112 if it's leaded.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Who needs cats lol?

But seriously leaded gas won't "blow up your cat" it will just shorten the life of it. Same with 02 sensors. Not sure how high unleaded octane can go.
No 112 won't harm your engine in HOM, it just won't take full advantage of the higher octane.
Uhhh wouldn't 112 be better than 100?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Who needs cats lol?

But seriously leaded gas won't "blow up your cat" it will just shorten the life of it. Same with 02 sensors. Not sure how high unleaded octane can go.

Uhhh wouldn't 112 be better than 100?
I completely forgot about this thread lol. Yes 112 would be better than 100. However, HOM is setup to run on 100, which means it will not be able to take full advantage of 112. With the 112 you would run richer...meaning there's room for improvement, either increasing timing, boost, or leaning out the mixture with a fuel controller.

It's kinda like running 100 octane in your car out of HOM. All it will do is richen the mixture and possibly keep you from knocking if you're having a problem with that. However, without a way to tune to take advantage of the higher octane it's basically just a waste.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I completely forgot about this thread lol. Yes 112 would be better than 100. However, HOM is setup to run on 100, which means it will not be able to take full advantage of 112. With the 112 you would run richer...meaning there's room for improvement, either increasing timing, boost, or leaning out the mixture with a fuel controller.

It's kinda like running 100 octane in your car out of HOM. All it will do is richen the mixture and possibly keep you from knocking if you're having a problem with that. However, without a way to tune to take advantage of the higher octane it's basically just a waste.
Have you been experimenting with various octane fuels on your stage 3?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the difference is when u go WOT crusing around doesn't do anything when the PCM sees knock it will kick u out and the red light will blink meaning your kicked out u will feel a difference and to turn it off u hit t red button again and the light will go out
What do i need to not kick out i put 101 gasoline and i have a downpipe w/cat and the light started blinking

1 - 20 of 20 Posts