Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
just wanted to let everybody know that i received the plastic back housings Fyx sent me and will be making carbon fiber versions ASAP to post for you guys :) i think that will add a nice unique look and really set them apart from everything else that is available on the market at the moment

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Since these should be available shortly, if you choose to get a retrofit and these new options become available during your retrofit, I can still include them for you if you pay the additional amount at that time.

There will also be a Fiberglass option and Colored Kevlar option which would look like Colored Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
:wah?!: JOHN YOU BASTARD!!! I haven't seen you since last year at Jason's house and look at what I find you up to!!! :thumbsup: Nice job bro...We gotta get together sometime now that I actually have a car thats running.:eveilgrin Hit me up sometime when you have a chance.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Nice to see ya as well. Hey, I can't wait till I get an AGP turbo kit to replace my stolen S2 w/toys... Having stock boost just sucks. PM me if you want the details if you don't know them already.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
FYX193 said:
Nice to see ya as well. Hey, I can't wait till I get an AGP turbo kit to replace my stolen S2 w/toys... Having stock boost just sucks. PM me if you want the details if you don't know them already.
STOLEN STG 2?!? WTF is up with that? PM me and fill me in bro.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Which projectors have a real thick colorband? and what about E55 bi-xenons, how much would they cost? I heard the TL's are some of the best projectors out there, is that true? I want a retrofit that has hi/low and id probably pass inspection with.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
(Images taken by Haknslash)

e55's look like this:

TL's look like this:

RS6's look like this:

The farther you are away from the wall, the thicker the color band will look.
as an example here are TL's from a further distance away...

TL's are considered the best Bi-Xenon projector available for our headlights. They have a good Hi & Lo beam performance compaired to other projectors. The TL's in the pictures above are foreground modded for more light in the foreground and colormodded to allow more blue in the cutoff. Normally they have an orangish yellow and a hint of blue in the stock cutoff.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

To clear up the paint scheme options a little more, area E is the rear-most circular area of the refector. Area D is all chrome areas in the above picture other than area E and F and G. Area G is rarely ever chromed/polished unless the projector comes like that from the factory such as with TL's. This picture shows area E as it would look if left chromed and how a non-polished projector trim would look if painted.

·
Registered
331 Posts
here's the first batch of picture... not too happy with them so i'll go take more... had the camera on indoor mode and i think that's why...

anyway...in the pictures they are just epoxied... since john still needs to modify the housings for the retros, i'll be shipping them to him like this, and he will finish the clearcoat and polish work :) This should still give you a really good idea i hope

·
Registered
331 Posts
the lighting was horrible, the sun had almost completely gone down... that and the grass is what makes them look a little green, but they really arent... the new epoxy i use is water clear :)

i'll take some more in the morning, or i can pack them up and ship them out to you tonight john so you can mod them and post some finished pictures for everyone :) PM me or msn me when you have some time

·
Registered
331 Posts
Toofpaste39 said:
When taking pictures of your product, you should place them against a white background. Perhaps a white bed sheet?
you're right, i should... i was just trying to chase those last sunshine beams before the sun set, and that side of the house was still facing the sun :frogtongu i'll take some more tomorrow in full day light :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
***Quick update on the status of the LED option***

Due to the manufacturer being in another country which has a long spring holiday, the LED turn signals will not be available until some time in March. They should be available for the second batch of orders.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just final price checking..

$799.00........Bosch ECE LHD Single Xenon D2S Projector Retrofit with the CF housing 75.00 installed on the 03 black ring headlights and all I would have to do is install the headlights and plug and go?? Or is there anything else I need thanks. oh yeah what size trim ring would fit on the Xenon D2S?? cause I will want those also.. Sorry for double post.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts