Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am new to the srt-4 community, not no stranger to modding cars. My last car was a 1998 Maxima SE 5speed with bolt ons which ran 14.3 at 97MPH so it was no slouch but I wanted a cheap, reliable turbo car to mod, so the SRT-4 was by far the best choice for the $$. Anyway, I have some questions.

1) Will my car get faster after break in? say 500-1000 miles later?

2) Can I up the boost with MBC without ecu problems? I heard something about the srt's computer being "smart" and you will have problems if you turn the boost up with MBC. And how much boost can I turn up safely?

3) You guys ever pull the green vacuun plug out by the intake? Someone I know tried this and the turbo just went crazy and boosted like 20+ psi.

4) And will MBC void the warranty? duh,

-Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
1) Don't drive hard during break in, there won't be a noticable difference anyways...

2) Mine got screwy with a MBC, on a 100% stock setup. Yet other's haven't had any problems...Seems to be 50/50. My advise, buy a MBC from a place you can return it. Put it on and see for yourself.

3) Did it to mine, Boost went up slight, but not to 20psi, I put mine back in...

4) Do a search for on the warranty for future questions. Basically it depends on the dealership and the actual mechanic who's working on your car. It's easy to install or remove, so just remove it before you get warranty work done...

·
Registered
119 Posts
i do not know about 2 or 3 but to answer #1 i would have to say yes
mine when i first got it it would boost to about 14 psi and settle out around 9 or 10

1800 miles later and it tops out about 17-18 and settles to about 13 or so so yes break it in it will only get better

·
Registered
798 Posts
I got a Turbo XS MBC and what you want to do is make the lines as short as possible to and from the MBC. That will give you the best results. To keep things safe I highly recommend at least getting Stage I before turning up the boost too much.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
newbie questions answered by newbies. some of that info was right and sum was wrong. use the search tool to find your way to the answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.