Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing with the spring mod until I save the money to order my exhaust and Stage 2.

What kind of boost levels should I tune it for?

I couldn't find the Help kit that most people use, so I've bought a few springs from a hardware store. I'm slowly working from softest to stiffest and have yet to see my boost levels go up.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You will need to use a pretty heavy spring to hold it open. I would suggest doing a bleeder too, so you can pull unwanted boost out. You can build the bleeder for about 15-20 bucks. If you want to get together, I can help you out with all of it. My car was pulling 17 PSI off the showroom floor. I dialed mine for 20 PSI. I have checked the plugs 3 times now, no signs of lean condition at all. It doesn't soot up the ass of the car any more. My EGT's are running about 1250 up on top end, so I'm very safe on that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud, I'll give you a yell. Next week may be better.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Gixer just to give you an idea of what the A/F will look like at 20PSI here is my dyno..This is a 19PSI pull. Also this is with exhaust and intake so it should be richer than that with no intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input damienfait! Experience with my cycles tells me it's better to be rich than lean.

Nice dyno. I'm going to have to visit those guys before I get too far along in the mods so I can have a baseline. Where are they located?

·
Registered
495 Posts
8608 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73127

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
YeeHaa, finally got to the right spring tonight. Soon as I put it on I was hitting 17 lbs in 2nd gear and 18 lbs in 3rd.

I'll drive it for a day or two and see how she runs. Then I'll tweak it from there.

I'm meeting a bunch of friends at Thunder Valley Friday night, so if anyone is there give me a yell.

If you don't know me or remember who I am, I have a red one with the SRT-4 emblems on the bottom/front of each door.

Now we'll see if I can improve on my 14.6 bone stock times.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I hope you are bringing the car! I just picked up the drag radials from Mike. Hope I can knock a tenth or so off with them. I will be there for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts