• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering that dodge so calls, that this car has so much rpm that the car can reach over 300. but do any of you think that can be illegal in some states. they have to put a moderator in it to keep it legal, don't they??? ? ? ?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
What :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

300=300mph :?: :?: :?: :?:
moderator=speed governor :?: :?: :?: :?:

I have no clue what you are asking.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
the car will not reach over 300mph. unless some major modding was accomplished at the salt flats.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SORRY

Sorry I meant RPM... lol D / Im talking about if they will turn down the RPM due to the amazing speed this vehicle can reach up to. (so that no one can reach the speed [unless someone disables it]) wink

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i think it was in mopar now, where they said that the rev limiter is set to around 6000rpm, but it will easily go to 7000+rpm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, anybody else see Elmer Trett get ripped off his Top Fuelie drag bike at about 320mph? Indy Nationals, he lifted his right hand to grab the brake after crossing the line and his arm went over his shoulder and yanked him right off the bike. He died, Top Fuel bikes got outlawed. Cripe, terminal velocity for a skydiver is only like 120mph. No way the Tomacrap is going anywhere near that fast with somebody on it.

All I gotta say is, Viper has two 345mm tires grounding the power versus two what, 190mm wide? That thing would be unrideable with 150 bhp let alone 500.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
http://www.dodge.com/grab_life/past_and_future/concept_cars/tomahawk.html

check out the very last line...

PERFORMANCE:

0-60 mph: 2.5 seconds (est.)
Top Speed: 300+ mph (est.)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
what are you doing? magazine racing? wait until it comes out and see what numbers people are getting!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
still cant beat the srt-4. :lol:

seriously though it will NOT go that fast.

a 600# aerodynamic hayabusa with a 500hp/500 lb ft. turbocharged engine will go 230's. did you catch the weight on the tomahawk? :lol: :lol: somebody is dreaming.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
you would have to wear a freaking space suit to ride that fast.......if the smallest pebble hits you going that fast your dead......no questions asked. and who wants to ride on a bike with a space suit on?

·
Registered
726 Posts
boostedneonsrt4 said:
you would have to wear a freaking space suit to ride that fast.......if the smallest pebble hits you going that fast your dead......no questions asked. and who wants to ride on a bike with a space suit on?
This bike will be more practical as a museum piece than anything else :roll:

·
Registered
30 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
boostedneonsrt4 said:
This bike will be more practical as a museum piece than anything else :roll:
I think the theoretical price that was tossed out was $250k, so like you said, only collectors/museums will buy them. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
14 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing