Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the local A-Zone, where I was asking when the SRT-4 will be in their system. Guy at the counter said hes got a bud out in San Diego who plans to get an SRT-4. But his friend thinks the SRT-4 powertrain sucks, he's got a buyer for the 2.4, he's planning to drop a twin turbo Mitsu 2.0 motor in.
WTF :shock: This guy was not yanking my chain. As for wether his bud hits the crack pipe or not :?: San Diego folks, keep an ear to the ground, maybe we can talk this idget out of this insane plan. I realize the engineering involved should put a stop to it, but anything we could do would help.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Look at it this way, if one of you guys with an R/T or an ACR is looking for a better powertrain, there you go. You could make one helluva ACR with that.

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
why stop at 2 turbos? convince him to make it a tri-turbo system. no lag, plenty of midrange and more than enough top end. :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
what a tool!!

the powertrain on the srt-4 is the icing on the friggin cake!!! 2.0 motor, uh okay say la vee to your torque gains, I mean the person who said that is a tool and take a look @ where he works A-zone I don't know about you but I would never take my car to auto zone!!!!! the tranny on the srt-4 is the toughtest around unless you want a tremec 6 speed.........viper

·
Registered
243 Posts
What makes you think he was telling the truth?

He was probrably making it up. Ricers like to dream about putting impossible engines into hatchbacks and such.

Completing the project is gonna cost the entire value of the car.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In reverse order

I know it's no practical, but when has that stopped people from doing things

Race an older car

The kid at Azone is not the doing it, he just told what his bud in San diego is doing. I park my car at Azone while I buy parts. No one but me wrenchs on my cars, all of them

It could be that his bud is bullshitting him, can't say. The kid at the Zone sounded convinced, I have twenty years of discerning bullshit from Navy airmen (jumior enlisted guys) that says so.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
"Unreal mod plan" <-I thought you ment the computer game :)

Why buy a brand new car with a warrenty to swap the motor out of? He should find a used 2k or so ACR and do it. It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper. You outta get his name and tell him to let us know if he wants to sell his power train, then smoke the shit out of his hybrid with your stock SRT :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
ebbtide
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing