Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i ordered a s2w/toys, perrin upper charge pipe with greddy rs bov, block off plate downpipe with cutout, and then having it dnotuned. my cuurent supporting mods are lorenzo tb an boomba mm's al a custom 3' exauhast,

do you guys think that a perrin cai will help or is it not ness. what hp do you think i will be putting down when installed, ( hopefully within 3 weeks if everything comes in at the shop)

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
what are you tuning it with? you don't have any type of an AFC or a map clamp?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
just a warning there has been plenty of people riping the perrin cold side pipes... too much boost.. if you want a good fit i would suggest samco.. also.. i have a perrin intake and it works great since its not under any boost..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uncommon said:
i don't know if he knows that he doesn't need to dynotune or if he just left his tuning device out....?
no i dont know that i dont know that i need to dyno tune, but why not, what tuning device do i need

what type of afc do i need, that is a air fuel controll correct

·
Registered
547 Posts
uncommon said:
what are you tuning it with? you don't have any type of an AFC or a map clamp?
they are the most common
i would get a wga, ebc, and something to lean the car out a lil to make more power like afc or a map clamp
good luck and enjoy the S2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turboweasel24 said:
they are the most common
i would get a wga, ebc, and something to lean the car out a lil to make more power like afc or a map clamp
good luck and enjoy the S2
so i searched afc and found greddy e-manage, so basically this is what i would need to buy inorder to get a real dynotune, and to controll a\f ratio

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Tuning....hmm...On the same note. I am going to get my balls dynotuned this weekend!! Cant wait. Looking for 340bhp!!!

Seriously, I think he just meant that he was getting the car dynoed!

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Emanage
DTEC
SAFC
Map clamp

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
SRT4V8stomper said:
Emanage
DTEC
SAFC
Map clamp
emanage is :gay:
dtec is the best and all around easiest.....safc is cool....mapclamp is good but kick ass for the money.

Anyways your getting s2 with toys no need to tune you have that neat HOM button

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
dansrt4 said:
emanage is :gay:
dtec is the best and all around easiest.....safc is cool....mapclamp is good but kick ass for the money.

Anyways your getting s2 with toys no need to tune you have that neat HOM button

+1 for DTEC, but seriously, i wouldn't tune stage 2, if you just spent all that money on it just stick with what it has

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I'm going to have to say for tunning get the PTperformance fuel tunning computer. The module itself is awsome with great attention to detail. The way John did the wiring harness makes it look like stock wiring with the loom he put on it. Here is a link to it.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204522

And as to the CAI if you have not already spent your money on it, do not buy it. On a stock turbo SRT there is no need to spend money on an aftermarket intake cold air or short ram. Your best bet will be to get the K&N drop in filter for the stock air box. The stock setup is already a cold air intake. I have run dataloggs checking intake temps on 6 or 7 differant setups and there realy is no differance between them. Also in my opinion I don't think you need to focus to much on air inlet temps on a turbo car. It does not realy matter what temp the incoming air is because as soon as the air goes into the turbo it will be heated up alot. The best thing to spend your money on if you are worried about temp is water/methonal injection. Do a search on water injection, there are alot of benifits for running it.

Here is a link to a waterinjection forum.
http://waterinjection.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=waterinjection

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the help, now i know that there is no need to tune the car, but i am going to get a b\f and after dyno. as for the cia i am not going to get one, i have read that tey dont do much for the money

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Come on now ... was sible just too much to type in the title? :stab:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts