Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chrysler Boosts 300C SRT-8 To 425 HP

How much power is too much? If you can't readily come up with an answer, indeed, if you're the type of person who wonders why someone even ask that question in the first place, you're in luck. You'd think Chrysler's 300C would be suited well with its 340-hp, 5.7-liter HEMI - yet there are always those who insist there's room for more. And Chrysler apparently agrees. The carmaker hoped to eke out a modest increase when it decided to bore out the HEMI to 6.1 liters. The results took even the most optimistic powertrain engineers by surprise, confides Dan Knott, director of SRT, the automaker's high-performance operations. How does 425 hp suit you? Read more about the 300C SRT-8 right now:

Preview: Chrysler 300C SRT-8

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engine Pic from DCX Media.

Final Drive Ratio - 3.06
Overall Top Gear - 2.54

I am suprised they did not increase the size of the gas tank. 19 Gallons even in the 5.7 Hemi is just too small especially for road trips. Getting less than 300 miles per tank is not good for road trips in a family hauler. It needs 21 gallons like MBZ sedans.

All the Specs:

http://www.autoweek.com/docs/05_srt8_specs.doc

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can have any color you want as long as it is Silver or Black!? HUH!

from Exterior Specs:

"Two exterior colors are available: Bright Silver and Brilliant Black."

from Interior Specs:

"The Chrysler 300C SRT-8 interior is offered in a Light Graystone/Dark Slate color scheme."

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
300 C bad ass!!

:thumbsup: I just finished reading the article in AUTOWEEK, on this car. Shit, I wan't one!!! the engine is not just the reg HEMI, with a reflashed comp either. The internals list reads like a whos who of some really nice hotrod parts.
And I am going to have to agree with you on the hp figure e55 kev. Same goes with the cl 55 amg. A friend of mine has a cl55, and let me tell you this, 493 hp my ass. I am sure this thing is putting these numbers to the wheels.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
4160lbs. Hmmm, If the Charger comes in just a little lighter, say 3500-3700 or so, packing that power, wooohooooo!!!!!!!! Time to sell the kids!!!!!!:) And giving wheel numbers as crank, we haven't seen that before:)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i dunno i have a feeling this car is solidly in the 4 sec to 60 and 12s in the quarter taking in consideration how modest chrysler has been lately with its srt products :readclose

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Just as the engine is twice an SRT-4s, so is the price:)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NeonDan said:
i dunno i have a feeling this car is solidly in the 4 sec to 60 and 12s in the quarter taking in consideration how modest chrysler has been lately with its srt products :readclose
I agree. If the 300C was officially at 6.3 second and Car and Driver got 5.3 out of it then the official zero to 60 of 5.0 should easily be in the 4.? area. Maybe 4.6.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
so...if hemidakota is correct...if 425-430whp is more like the tune...then that makes it a 495-500hp motor :readclose

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw an srt8 in person!!

i was at the kid rock concert and first noticed the 300 limo, then as i continued walking, noticed a 300 w/ huge flat black rims, and it had the front air dam and rear bumper and spoile that the srt8 has. of course i had to circle around it and stuff. it had the manufactures plate on it so i know this is what i saw. the one thing that threw me of was the wheels, they were huge like the srt8's, but they were more dodge like, and 5 spoke! so i started to wonder if it was a charger with 300 body panels, either way it was cool as hell, and whoever brought it there probably shouldn't have!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts