Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the 2003 srt-4 and my signature has my mods and im only boosting like 13 psi at the highest is this because i dont have a new wga or a boost controller.. iono but seems like people running stock say they are running 14 -15 psi

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i dont know how to check the hoses... im new to cars and learning fast but not with nething having to touch the engine yet .. haha

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Your running right for your setup. You dont have and boost enhancing mods. Throw 150 towards the AGP WGA and it will give you a whole new feel. Then add a BC, depending on your budget get either a Manual BC or EBC. I recommend a EBC.
Once you have that, you can boost whatever he hell you want..

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
oh and for the hoses.... take a look at all the hoses in the turbo setup..... the ones going on either side of the IC, the ones at the turbo hot side.... all those... now grab a screwdriver and tigten the locking rings. thats all that is. your just making sure that as the air comes out of the turbo, and goes into the IC and then into the engine, that it doesnt leak out at any of the hose connections

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o thats good at least it sounds easy :) thanks guys and i got like 270 bux but i wanted to get the E-01 boost controller

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey ray... thanks for scaring me man :) haha is a profec b spec 2 good?? see i dont know about boost controllers... wuts the best one for a first time tuner ... i wanna make my srt well how can i say it i guess like this FAAST

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Srt4black said:
hey ray... thanks for scaring me man :) haha is a profec b spec 2 good?? see i dont know about boost controllers... wuts the best one for a first time tuner ... i wanna make my srt well how can i say it i guess like this FAAST
a manual boost controller is good because there is less chance of error. you can either turn the boost up or down. the profec b is a great unit it just has more gadgets such as set , gain and start basically with all these options you can control turbo spool as well as boost preventing spikes. its just a pita if its your 1st time tuning it in

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
yeah its a good unit. i believe one of the best rated units out there in its class. The e-01 is very useful if your planning on going an gettin a Emanage system. ( a piggyback computer that you can use to change your fuel system, an go around your PCM)

but it's costly and even more difficult to play with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts