Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 SRT-4 with no mods. The problem I have only occurs in 3rd,
4th and 5th gear. If I am at lower rpms and I go to WOT the boost climbs and hits 15 psi and then backfires and stumbles. I can feel some hesitation and slight loss of power when I run through the gears up to redline also. It just has the slight little hiccups as I approach redline. I recently changed the plugs and this problem appeared. I have searched the forums and found all of the post on the gap. I have tried .032, .035, .040 and .050. I also was getting a cylinder two misfire. I swapped the #3 fuel injector, spark plug and wire with the #2 cylinder and the code disappeared and has not returned. I am still getting the above mentioned problem. Can anybody give me a clue on what else I should try?
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
585 Posts
Do you have an after market wga??? If so, I bet you are pulling timing since the boost is coming on so quick. Any codes???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe everything is stock. I assume wga = waste gate actuator. That is the little silver cylinder by the turbo? The only code I ever received was
P0302 (cylinder 2 misfire detected).

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Plugs are cheap, try another set. If your close to stock, you want to gap them about .042 in.
If that doesn't do it, get some new wires. The Mopar Performance wires are good and fairly inexpensive.
If that doesn't do it, borrow someone Else's coil and swap that out.
You could try a new pcv valve or put in a check valve.
And of course, do a boost leak check. Hey Ghost - wanna help him out....

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts