Dodge SRT Forum banner

Help With Tuning and Big Turbo (New to Forum)

807 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Voltz03 
#1 ·
I have been looking at the forums for about a year now since I picked up my 03. The thing was a POS but I've done my work and get her back together running great. I am currently in the process of doing the timing/water pump/ solid motor mounts job. My next plan is transmission input shaft bearing and new ACT clutch and then a big turbo kit from AGP. Car has 211k miles is this gonna blow right away? or can I make it reliable at 450WHP+? It will not be a daily driver, just a fun toy and I already have all the supporting mods required. Also, probably will be going with the Precision 5731 .63 A/R or the Garrett GT3076R unless others have better suggestions. My main concern is I cannot PM anybody to talk about a custom tune I waited a few days after registering and it still will not allow me to PM anyone. I know I will need the custom tune and I don't want to spend all this money and time (since I will be doing this all in my garage) and then have a car that cannot run because it has no tune. I would like to get it dyno tuned but I don't know a shop nearby and I would also have an issue getting it there as I do not know anyone or own a vehicle that could tow. When I bought the car it came with the old school DiabloSport Predator. I do not have the extra cables needed to interface with my computer but I was able to find and download DS downloader although I am not sure if it the right version or how to actually use it. I know this is a lot of things In one thread but like I have said I have searched all over the forums and can't seem to find the help I'm looking for. And If I'm wrong and have missed a thread that could help a link to that would be great. I appreciate anybody who can chime in and give me some advice. Thanks a lot everyone and hopefully I can bring this beast to life.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Here is a list of all the work I have done so far:

Oil, trans fluid, coolant change, camshaft position sensor, vacuum line replacement, proper catch can install, HKS BOV install with both upper and lower hard pipes, MPX big front intercooler, AEM long cold air intake, replaced factory power and ground wiring along with new battery terminals, radiator and hoses, pcv valve, hurst short throw, Booger bushings, and DSP tune reinstalled.

List of jobs I am in the process of or plan on doing:

Timing belt with tensioners and water pump, full solid motor and trans mounts, ACT clutch, transmission input shaft bearing, 1000cc injectors, walbro 255, xxr530 wheels and juicy tires, and AGP big turbo kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.