Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any tips on getting that third bolt off would be extremely helpful. Do i have to disconnect that steel oil line to get to it or what?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
If you do not have a ratcheting box end, get one. Then reach from the passenger side (YES, the PASSENGER side:)) UNDER the exhaust manifold. Tie the wrench off to something to make it easy to retrieve when you drop it, and you will. Once yo get it a few cranks loose, pivot the stock valve so you can reach in from the drivers side.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah i used a ratcheting box wrench and got it from the top. i had to move it like one click at a time till it got loose and then did like he said and moved it then got it the rest of the way.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
boostaddict said:
yeah i used a ratcheting box wrench and got it from the top. i had to move it like one click at a time till it got loose and then did like he said and moved it then got it the rest of the way.
I managed to reach mine by taking off the intake pipe and battery, then reaching in behind the turbo from the driver side. Had a little more room so got more than one click atta time.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Same here, thank god for my friend with his long fingers :rofl:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah need some gear wrenchs and a lot of time. What's even more fun is trying to get the whole thing on again. Since my bov was used I had to make my own gasket for it and cut the holes for the screws very small that way it would hold the bolts so the only thing I had to do is tighten them down a little. I sending you a pm so call me if you need help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts