Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for some help. I’ve exhausted several searches, but am now resorting to a post.
My sub hasn’t worked since I bought the car last year.
The OEM Kicker Amp lights up with the green light, 20A fuse under the hood is good, opened the sub box today and the sub looks brand new - no cracks, or loose wires / connectors.

I’m no expert in car audio, but seems like I’ve checked the right stuff and still can’t figure out why it doesn’t work.

I know a lot of guys have said the sound isn’t the best, but I just want it to work with the OEM setup if all possible.

Any help or advice on what may be going on would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hey guys, looking for some help. I’ve exhausted several searches, but am now resorting to a post.
My sub hasn’t worked since I bought the car last year.
The OEM Kicker Amp lights up with the green light, 20A fuse under the hood is good, opened the sub box today and the sub looks brand new - no cracks, or loose wires / connectors.

I’m no expert in car audio, but seems like I’ve checked the right stuff and still can’t figure out why it doesn’t work.

I know a lot of guys have said the sound isn’t the best, but I just want it to work with the OEM setup if all possible.

Any help or advice on what may be going on would be much appreciated!
Did you test the sub to make sure it moves?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The red wire connects to the constant +12V wire in the radio harness. The vehicle's audio system fuse will protect the subwoofer amp.
The black wire connects to chassis ground.
The solid green wire connects to the left positive speaker wire (either front or rear).
The green/black wire connects to the left negative speaker wire (either front or rear).
The grey wire connects to the right positive speaker wire (either front or rear).
The grey/black wire connects to the right negative speaker wire (either front or rear).
The separate grey and black wires (not part of the harness) connect to the subwoofer.

If you cant get the Amp to turn on then there is a problem in the voltage sense circuit of the speaker input wires. The amp also uses the speaker level outputs from the rear speakers as its source.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
There are people who have replaced the actual kicker components with newer kicker components and gotten better sound, because obviously a 15 year advance in technology works wonders. Crutchfield carried everything at one point.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
162 Posts
There are people who have replaced the actual kicker components with newer kicker components and gotten better sound, because obviously a 15 year advance in technology works wonders. Crutchfield carried everything at one point.
I may have to look into that someday- thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The red wire connects to the constant +12V wire in the radio harness. The vehicle's audio system fuse will protect the subwoofer amp.
The black wire connects to chassis ground.
The solid green wire connects to the left positive speaker wire (either front or rear).
The green/black wire connects to the left negative speaker wire (either front or rear).
The grey wire connects to the right positive speaker wire (either front or rear).
The grey/black wire connects to the right negative speaker wire (either front or rear).
The separate grey and black wires (not part of the harness) connect to the subwoofer.

If you cant get the Amp to turn on then there is a problem in the voltage sense circuit of the speaker input wires. The amp also uses the speaker level outputs from the rear speakers as its source.
Thanks, great info! Sorry, I’m not too technical in this area. So if it’s a problem with the voltage sense circuit of the speaker input wires, could you help me understand where those wires are (and is there anything I can do to fix it to get the sub working)?

I’m just trying to picture if the speaker input wires are the ones right on the back of the sub. I may be way off there. Thanks again!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! That’s definitely a cool option. I may give them a call on that.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Nice! That’s definitely a cool option. I may give them a call on that.

This guy purchased everything for under 300 bucks, but never came back to do a review lol

Usually that means good things though, irritated people are far more likely to express their frustration online haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts