Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost done putting the Iceman Intake in, and I have come across an extra hose that was connected to the stock air box, but I have no place to connect it on the IceMan. No clue what the line does any help is greatly appricaited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,527 Posts
tooziggy said:
I am almost done putting the Iceman Intake in, and I have come across an extra hose that was connected to the stock air box, but I have no place to connect it on the IceMan. No clue what the line does any help is greatly appricaited.
The line in question is the "crankcase cover fresh air makeup inlet vent hose.
It brings fresh (filtered air into the crankcase) by allowing the pcv system to draw and maintain a vacuum.

I cant advise you as to what "Iceman" expects you to do, but I can tell you what other CAI users have done, and thats installing a small "breather filter" on the end of said hose. The breather filter allows filtered air to pass into your crankcase and will absorb reasonable amounts of oil vapor expelled during episodes of boost. The breather filter most closely recreates the original factory condition (which uses a small sponge filter in the airbox)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So where do I get one of these filters and will it hurt the vehicle to have nothing on the end of it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,527 Posts
slow79ford said:
Where may one of these filters be obtained?

*edit* original poster beat me to my inquiry...
Most any decent auto parts store, I picked up mine at an advance auto

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is not the extra line I am talking about I have that going into the bottom of the IceMan, here is a picture of the line I am talking about, it is a vacuum line of some sort. IceMan provided a longer line for the crankcase to connect into the bottom of the intake.

I would give you a pic but I have no clue how to post it. All I can say is it is a vacuum line from what I can see. There is no way that it will reach to the intake, but it was in the stock intake. I ran the vehicle and no service engine light so I hope I am okay.

From what I can tell it leads into the turbo, it looks like it may be the line that you have attached to your intake right above the crankcase line.

Thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I think i know what your talkn about it has a L type end on it.Correct?I got my stock airbox out ready to install the iceman intake myself..and i don't know what to do with the other lil hose either..any help would be appreciated thanks... :hi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats exactly what I am talking about... be advised it is a pta to put on... so be patient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
tooziggy

I was told we can just cap the end of that vacuum line off..So just follow that line and take it off. then cap it at the other end..you can go to pep boys or an auto parts store and get vacuum line caps they are diff sizes..Hope this helps. I only wish iceman would have specified what to do with that vacuum line or at least came with caps to cap that line off..Oh well that's aftermarket for ya... :clap: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IceMan said:
Hello Tooziggy,

Althought you are having problems, we do appriciate you enlighting us to the problem that you have mentioned.
We now realize that there is no mention or provisions of the line that you mention.

There is acouple of things people are doing with this line, one of which we are leaning toward. We will be supplying a T-fitting so that both lines (including the valve cover) to run into the Iceman Intake System.

Another option is adding a filter as shown ealier on this post.

Lastly, in conjunction with the T fitting, we advise adding a oil catch can, for both lines. Unfornationally it would not be cost effective to add a catch can to our kit
That is what Iceman pm'ed with and it make's sence I am glad that they are helping out. I found out about the problem at 4:05 pm pst and there tech line closed at 4:00pm.

So it looks like I am going to go with the T Fitting.

The only bad thing is I got to pull everything out again to re-route the lines again. :flame:

Once again thank you to Ice-Man. Even with the little problem your intake is still the bomb. I felt the power boost right away and it makes my BOV scream.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
Does your battery actually sit down in the tray. I got my Iceman two weeks ago and tried to install it but it hit the hood (EDIT: Negative battery terminal hit the hood). There was no possible way for me to get the battery to sit down in there. I'm still waiting on Iceman to send me a replacement battery tray, which they were reproducing. I thought this was a big isssue with all the Iceman CAIs. Andy hurry up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Speedooooo said:
Does your battery actually sit down in the tray. I got my Iceman two weeks ago and tried to install it but it hit the hood (EDIT: Negative battery terminal hit the hood). There was no possible way for me to get the battery to sit down in there. I'm still waiting on Iceman to send me a replacement battery tray, which they were reproducing. I thought this was a big isssue with all the Iceman CAIs. Andy hurry up!
speedooooo, i know you got your intake a bit earlier then everyone else, was yours a prototype intake/tray, or did u get an actual production unit that everyone else is getting? My only concern is i have an aftermarket stinger battery and i'm afraid it's going to hit the good also with the big old battery terminals i'm using.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mdhavi18 said:
speedooooo, i know you got your intake a bit earlier then everyone else, was yours a prototype intake/tray, or did u get an actual production unit that everyone else is getting? My only concern is i have an aftermarket stinger battery and i'm afraid it's going to hit the good also with the big old battery terminals i'm using.

Yes My Battery hit the hood, and it put a small dent in the hood, glad you said something looks like I need to hit up IceMan for a slightly larger tray. My battery fits but it doesn't sit in the tray completely and I ensured that I followed the directions to the T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
Yeah I have a dent too. I installed the intake and then had to take it off because there was no way in hell I was driving my car around with my battery terminal touching like that. Mine was supposedly the first one off the production line. I brought this to Andy's attention at Iceman and the problem was with their manufacturer. He said they were going to replace everyone's battery tray. Not sure if they are still planning on doing that. I know at the Cali meet he said someone used a dremel tool to make it fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Speedooooo said:
Yeah I have a dent too. I installed the intake and then had to take it off because there was no way in hell I was driving my car around with my battery terminal touching like that. Mine was supposedly the first one off the production line. I brought this to Andy's attention at Iceman and the problem was with their manufacturer. He said they were going to replace everyone's battery tray. Not sure if they are still planning on doing that. I know at the Cali meet he said someone used a dremel tool to make it fit.
I left mine in dent and all, cause it is only the negative terminal so its not going to hurt anything. But I would love to make it right, I shot IceMan a message... Hopefully I will get a responce soon. I got one of the first blue ones off the line since I had to wait an extra week for them to be made.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top