Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a type s and atp pressure pipe used froma friend......so i didnt get any instructions...but from what i've read via search button they dont come with instructions anyways...so here are my questions

right now it "blows off at -8 vacc ....by blowing off i mean this is when the mechanical noise starts although very faint

i've read and read and read and i still have the same question....what is it "supposed" to sound like at full psi ...in my case anywhere from 15-18 psi...at full boost my blow off is SHARP...but at the end it gets kinda of airy...does this mean i need to tighen it?

any suggestions would be very much appreciated,
alex

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also...are there any benifits of having it blow off at 0 instead of -8 other than the fact that it wont be blowing off as much?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I THINK that's about right...from what ive heard about the BOV. Mine should be here today or tomorrow so ill find out firsthand but about the -8vac thing. I think it's fine. It's just pressure that's built up that needs to be vented. If you've ever had a short ram intake you can hear the stock surge valve going off at -10 and above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.