Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am installing my DTEC FCBC for my SRT-4 I had all my wiring done and rechequed, the problem is that when I connected my GBA it didn't started it freezed in the 'GAMEBOY' screen, I turned it of and disconnected it several times and nothing happened, when I was checking the cables I noticed that the signal cable going to the GBA was loose exactly at the connector where it connects to the GBA, I pulled the cables lightly and they came apart completely, I thought that was the problem, so I went and buy one GBA link/data cable and do connect it to the broken cable color by color except one cable which color that didn't match so I figured those 2 wires were connected together. I then connected the GBA again and the same happenned, the gameboy advance freezes in the same screen.

I chequed for signal coming from the GBA connector to the GBA, and only 4 of the 6 pins have signal (the 4 in the right), the same happened when I chequed the signal in the RJ12 jack, the 4 pins in the middle had signal but the 2 outer pins didn't.
Is this correct or do I have any problem with the signal.

Ernie

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dansrt4 said:
Had to ask :) Did you get it from AGP or no?
Yes, emailed them and they told me they didn't have any in stock for a trade, told me to try contact TurboXS

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
^i bought mine from agp as well and have also had problems. however, mine was with the txs wideband. the cable that connects the sensor to the wideband "took a shit" according to john at txs(i sent the unit to them for testing). i asked if it was something i did, and he said no. he wasn't sure what went wrong--only that when he swapped cables it worked fine. he told me since i bought it from agp, i would have to return it to them, then agp would return it to txs... long story short i just bought a new cable from txs to avoid the long wait of agp returning it to txs, then waiting for txs to give agp credit and so on.

might want to bite the bullet and buy a new cable from txs.

good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mahkis said:
^i bought mine from agp as well and have also had problems. however, mine was with the txs wideband. the cable that connects the sensor to the wideband "took a shit" according to john at txs(i sent the unit to them for testing). i asked if it was something i did, and he said no. he wasn't sure what went wrong--only that when he swapped cables it worked fine. he told me since i bought it from agp, i would have to return it to them, then agp would return it to txs... long story short i just bought a new cable from txs to avoid the long wait of agp returning it to txs, then waiting for txs to give agp credit and so on.

might want to bite the bullet and buy a new cable from txs.

good luck
It's a PITA to send stuff to USA being in Mexico it takes a lot of time, so I contacted TXS so they could give me the color sheme to connect the cables to the new link cable I bought, they have to wait for a response for Australia.
So if someone can help me in measuring the signal going out of each pin in the connector that goes into the GBA so I can connect them in the right connector, or which color goes into each pin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts