Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
what happened i thought autowerks was doing it?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
what was the answer? I'm thinking about buying the maxxfab 02 housing but don't want any hidden install probs.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
unreal739 say thanks scottmech problem solve

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
chewie, scott forgotten to put the o2 bung in the o2 housing. no biggie he's overnighting another one. now that customer service!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
the o2 ousing is no joke to get out now. the easiest way to do it is probaly to remove both upper and lower heat shields first. from there it's just gettiing to the bolts.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I just checked maxxfab.com .... I don't see where the 02 bung is on the 02housing??? Or did he just not put them on there too?

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Ok...............I screwed up....... forgot to install the O2 bung:stab: .

There were a couple of things that had my attention elsewhere this weekend. Just goes to show you I aint perfect. Hey, who else is gonna make a dp and O2 housing on Labor Day weekend for delivery on Labor Day?......

Anyhow, another one is one the way next day air UPS.....and yes, this one has the bung. Just remember to send the other one back:lol: .

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
It's too bad you don't sell an exhaust similar to the mxpx or b&B scott. Otherwise I'd be buying everything from you instead of just the o2 housing.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If I don't have an A/F ratio gauge, what is the benefit to getting and O2 housing with the DP or getting the O2 bung with the dp? I am a total newbie to this stuff, is the O2 housing an unnecessary addition for someone looking to moderately modify their car? Is a dp enough?

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
If you plan on running 18-19 psi, I would reccomend replacing the O2 housing. This will free up the exhaust, and about 7-10 hp. If you plan on stying with stock boost, I don't think the performance increase would be worth the effort.

If I were you, I'd start with a dp. If you feel you need to upgrade the O2 housing at a later date, you can still do so.

Since you are not interested in A/F gauge, I would not install the extra O2 bung.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
scottmech said:
If you plan on running 18-19 psi, I would reccomend replacing the O2 housing. This will free up the exhaust, and about 7-10 hp. If you plan on stying with stock boost, I don't think the performance increase would be worth the effort.

If I were you, I'd start with a dp. If you feel you need to upgrade the O2 housing at a later date, you can still do so.

Since you are not interested in A/F gauge, I would not install the extra O2 bung.

I just order stage 2 and when I come up w/ some more money I was thinking full 3in w. Maxxfab O2 housing, DP, and Borla Combo.. Will this free up alot more horsepower than just getting the borla catback. Other reviews say YES, but how much more?? Will TOP END be that much better??

Thanks

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
On Dale Seeley's 04 One Lap Of America race car, we got 24 hp gain by going from stock exhaust, to the 3 inch O2 housing (Manny z) MAxx Fab dp (no cat) and Borla cat back with bottle neck removed. That was with stage 1, a RAGE intake and running stock boost. I have to get that dyno form Dale so I can post it.

Don't know if that would be typical........typical gains would be 12-20 dependin on mods and boost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts