Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m pretty sure my cam seals are leaking, among other things. I’ve known oil has been leaking for a while now but I can’t exactly pin point it 100%. I found this on the under my car on my parking spot in the morning and it frightened me. What is it, never seen this brown colored shit before.
CC1FF5F2-ACDE-42EF-97C2-D9E74CD09310.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,825 Posts
Need more detail; driver or passenger side, how far back and what seems to be above it to start. Unless you have thrown a code or hear unusual noises or driving issue, due to the age of these cars it could be nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
There is only 5 fluid in our cars, so it shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down...

1. Oil- numerous places this can leak from, but all from the motor area
  2. Transmission fluid (power steering also uses ATF)- if its leaking from the trans it would likely be from an axle seal. if from the PS system, it could be from the rack through the lines all the way to the pump.
  3. Coolant- numerous locations it could leak from, though it shouldn't be dark like that unless you have other serious issues.
  4. Brake fluid- Very unlikely to leak and usually mostly clear in color unless its really old fluid. would typically only leak around the brake calipers.
  5. Fuel- distinct smell, but also evaporates quickly, so likely not your culprit. Can also leak from multiple locations from the filler neck all the way to the injectors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok
There is only 5 fluid in our cars, so it shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down...

1. Oil- numerous places this can leak from, but all from the motor area
  2. Transmission fluid (power steering also uses ATF)- if its leaking from the trans it would likely be from an axle seal. if from the PS system, it could be from the rack through the lines all the way to the pump.
  3. Coolant- numerous locations it could leak from, though it shouldn't be dark like that unless you have other serious issues.
  4. Brake fluid- Very unlikely to leak and usually mostly clear in color unless its really old fluid. would typically only leak around the brake calipers.
  5. Fuel- distinct smell, but also evaporates quickly, so likely not your culprit. Can also leak from multiple locations from the filler neck all the way to the injectors.
Ok thanks, I’ll check it out after driving and put it on some jack stands

1 - 4 of 4 Posts