Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been smelling gas for a couple weeks now. I finally caught the problem after work: my fuel rail damper (the mushroom looking thing in the center of the fuel rail) is leaking, at about a drop every 2 seconds. I was kinda freaking out about driving home but luckily I have a short commute (like 7 miles). It stopped leaking after I parked at home.

Made an appointment for Pepboys this morning (yeah, I know), but they're the closest to my house. I get there and as the lady helping me is listing what I wanted done (leak, adjust handbrake, replace broken stock exhaust hangers) the other guy tells her I have to go to the dealer for the fuel rail issue (what???). Then he says I need to go to some shop I've never heard of for the exhaust (I literally have them secured with metal zip ties right now).

My question is, can I get the damper fixed/replaced or do I need to buy a whole new fuel rail? If I have to replace the whole thing I can just order it myself ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I did a little searching and found where it was said that the fuel damper is not serviceable and a leak here requires a fuel rail change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a little searching and found where it was said that the fuel damper is not serviceable and a leak here requires a fuel rail change.
Well that sucks. I was hoping it would be simpler (and cheaper) after I saw this video:
Ours look similar (though I've read 2003's didn't have the damper in the center of the rail) so I was hoping that type of repair would work...

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
It does look pretty similar to ours. Hell I would try that to see if it work before buying something new. You could probably find a decent used aftermarket rail for pretty cheap if it doesn’t work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts